Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2011, 15:19   #1

Thumbs up Can Pay My Own Way

Recently laid off from previous job (sys architect) and need a long break before starting again. I've pulled up my roots here in Tampa and driving cross-country, expect to be on West Coast mid-June. Planning on heading to Hawaii and beyond, but bored of flying.

I grew up on the water (boating, surfing, diving) and spent a lot of time on 32' riverine craft while in the USMC. I've got many years experience sailing beach cats and crewing a 36' cat, but never more than a few miles off shore. I don't know everything, but I know how to tie a bowline and know which side is starboard I'm mature, in shape, quick to learn, and adventurous.

I can pay my own way, and even willing to help with 'extra costs' to be taught the ropes of open water sailing.

I realize this is late notice, but if you're heading West from California within the next month, feel free to contact me here or at patmail2525-cruiserforums at the y!

Cheers!
patrick
Old 31-05-2011, 08:41   #2

Boat: S&S design centercockpit 38, bluewater cruiser
Re: Can Pay My Own Way

Hey Patrick,

Interested in San Juan Islands (Just north of Seattle Wa) to San Fran? and then LA

Im planning to shove off late June when the weather is agreeable for a nice cruise down the coast.

Let me know- Aloha

Paul
Old 31-05-2011, 08:50   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

patrick--have my boat currently in mazatlan-- would be able to accept a newbie if able to assist with repairs and sailing-- i believe in share the sail.... if that is good for you, come on down--please notify me first.>LOL
Old 31-05-2011, 10:45   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimming out View Post
Hey Patrick,

Interested in San Juan Islands (Just north of Seattle Wa) to San Fran? and then LA

Im planning to shove off late June when the weather is agreeable for a nice cruise down the coast.

Let me know- Aloha

Paul
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the invite! That sounds like a great opportunity and a great sail, but I'm really anxious to head West from the mainland. When do you plan on heading back to Oahu? (Or do you?)

Mahalo!
patrick
Old 31-05-2011, 10:49   #5

Boat: S&S design centercockpit 38, bluewater cruiser

Thanks for the reply, understood.

Not real quick to want to take my boat to hawaii. I have boats there I race on and inter isle fun. I want to use my boat to explore mex, then central americas and dive / surf.

Maybe in future head over to Galapagos, then out to Hawaii. But that is a faint distant vision at this point.

Paul