Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2013, 21:51   #1

A couple looking for passage Aus / NZ in June

Hi all,

First post in this wonderful forum that we've been reading for some time.

We're a couple (34 & 26 years old) of easygoing people, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts and with a couple of weeks sailing experience in the Mediterranean. We are currently enjoying a long-ish break in our careers. We can man a sailing boat/ship, trim and operate sails, take the rudder, hold watches, cook & bake and generally learn real quick - and we're fun

We'd love to sail out of Australia or NZ at some point in June, heading to Fr. Polynesia, Hawaii, Central Americas or North America. We're up for paid, transport or shared cost passages up to cca 6 weeks long. Dates, origin and destination and duration are all flexible for us at this moment.

We're not too familiar with the weather patterns in this part of the world - are people sailing in the Oz -> Americas direction at this time of year?

Should you look for crew or need more information, let us know here or e-mail janmoravec(at)hotmail.com

Thanks!
Jan & Viky
Old 16-03-2013, 15:11   #2

Re: A couple looking for passage Aus / NZ in June

Hiya Jan and Vicky

1st of all I am looking for crew for a short hop from Bundaberg up to Townsville mid April if you are interested...... about 600 nm total with some Islands and off course Great Barrier Reef in there to. I am very outdoor sports orientated and have 3 kayaks, dingy, kites and dive gear on board that I play with as often as possible.....

Secondly - Around April/ May there are usually lots of boats leaving both New Zealand and Australia for Tonga, Fiji and New Caledonia. Usually it is people that have just sailed in from the South Pacific Islands the season before and have realized that you could spend years in the Islands and not just days..... There is so much to explore out there!

Boats leaving Australia quite often leave from Bundaberg and go to New Caledonia or Vanuatu or up and over the top to Darwin to catch the rally to Bali. Boating season on the East coast of Australia seems to kick off around mid April with most boats out and on their way by June after being holed up for cyclone season.

This year has seen quite a lot of cyclone activity off the East coast of Australia so no sailing and most boats will be out of here as quickly as possible early in the season but saying that - it may be a a late season as there are still a lot of lows out there and it is already the end half of March.

Good luck finding a good boat and have a great season.

Regards from Seawings
Old 16-03-2013, 16:49   #3

Hi Seawings,

Thank you for all the information!

I saw your post earlier and with all the gear on board you mentioned, we're quite excited! The key here is timing - we'll fly into Sydney on the 12th April and need to stay there for cca 1 week. After that we're free to go meet you in Bundaberg. Does this timing work for you?

How many people will be on board in total?

We'll be offline for 3 days now unfortunately, but we're seriously interested and would probably get along pretty well I'll PM you our contact details.

Thanks!
Jan
Old 23-03-2013, 05:11   #4

Re: A couple looking for passage Aus / NZ in June

Hiya. Tried calling and have left email but no reply yet..... Please pm me urgently. Regards B