Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2013, 20:06   #16

Boat: Grampion 26
Thanks guys, I'm not trying to get rid of it yet, but I wanted to look into options now. I hate how old boats get left direlect. I guess if it's clean it's Probebly a good idea to just sink it way out somewhere. Anyways i would try give it away first, just wanted options.
And my g26 has a cast iron keel. I could make 10000 frying pans with it I guess, lol.
Old 26-05-2013, 20:14   #17

Boat: Alberg 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianllama View Post
Thanks guys, I'm not trying to get rid of it yet, but I wanted to look into options now. I hate how old boats get left direlect. I guess if it's clean it's Probebly a good idea to just sink it way out somewhere. Anyways i would try give it away first, just wanted options.
And my g26 has a cast iron keel. I could make 10000 frying pans with it I guess, lol.
No, sinking it is not a very good idea!
Clean or not. You risk serious legal problems if caught, and sinking it safely without getting caught may not be easy.
Old 27-05-2013, 08:55   #18

Boat: West Wight Potter 19
Re: Boat Recycling near Vancouver BC

What about SALTS in Victoria?
SALTS Sail and Life Training Society - Donate a Boat
Old 30-05-2013, 08:19   #19

I have a disposal marina in delta
I have repos and insurance recoveries and help less advantaged people have access to boating

We will be opening as a store soon as well

DO NOT SINK IT !!

Its those like me who have to clean them up

Instead provide some one with limited resources the use of a boat without a hassle
If the boat is stripped of oils fuels etc it can be disposed of in richmond for approx 200
Old 30-05-2013, 19:44   #20
KEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcml View Post
I have repos and insurance recoveries and help less advantaged people have access to boating

Instead provide some one with limited resources the use of a boat without a hassle
I'd like some more information about your store, marina and what it takes to take over a boat. Thanks.
Old 31-05-2013, 11:24   #21

Boat: Alberg 30
Quote:

DO NOT SINK IT !!

Its those like me who have to clean them up

If the boat is stripped of oils fuels etc it can be disposed of in richmond for approx 200
Could you give me a call? We get asked about boat disposal all the time and would like to have a good place to recommend for responsible disposal.

604-50602070801010
Remove the zeros in between after the area code, I've had too many issues with spam calls and texts lately to post it in the clear.

You can look us up on Granville island if you're in the area, Cutlass Yacht service Inc. In the red barn.

I sent the original poster a private message as well, as I know an ex live aboard in need of a boat here. He didn't handle the paperwork problems of his last one well, and got tricked into taking it away and fixing it up without papers. His solution to the situation was not really appropriate, but was understandable.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51   #22

We are out in Gunderson Slough and deal with Port seizures and other repo's as well as insurance recoveries etc

We take bids and allow work to be done to bring them back to usable boats if possible and then help find moorage else where eventually

Some have been able to make payments on them while fixing them
It depends on the deal and the person but we have had some just use them on a daily basis
(small boats mostly)
We are not a charity and will eventually have a popeyes type consignment store here if all goes as planned but because of my political work we are finding road blocks with the federal port
Its a long story but we are called pacific coast marina ltd ..alaska way delta sixofour930505nine

Some repo registered boats are struck from the registry and k number registrations instead used to re register

The port previously just took them out of the water and needed them destroyed as simply and expedience issue.....whether they were salvageable or not so we held meetings with them and built this marina as a tow to type alternative

The written off pieces are still taken to shelter island and crushed and dumped but properly
We know many just sink them and are disgusted by that kind of short sighted ignorant thinking as at some point they become a worse head ache

We have saved numerous boats and helped many get into boating with much less than usual

Cheers
Old 04-06-2013, 12:53   #23

Boat: Grampion 26
That's great, I hope other people see this thread too and you can help them dispose of boats properly
Old 25-06-2013, 20:22   #24

Interested in your sailboat, do you have some pics?
Old 31-10-2013, 16:57   #25

Boat: Cal T/4

I would very much appreciate receiving your boat when ready to pass it off. Please do contact me when the time comes.

Thank You
Old 31-10-2013, 21:11   #26

Boat: Wannabe Again

Quote:
We know many just sink them and are disgusted by that kind of short sighted ignorant thinking as at some point they become a worse head ache
I'm too much of a newbie to understand what the problems are with sinking old boats. I've seen the documentaries about reefs created by professional sinking of boats, so I wasn't aware there were also probs attatched. What's the general nature of probs? Contamination from oxidizing metals, doesn't sink and winds up hitting something expensive?

Thanks,
Old 20-11-2013, 08:04   #27

There is a North Vancouver company specialized in recycling boats the proper way

They took over where Popeye's left it and they are a good source for used parts too

The website for the envirobmentally friendly salvaging of your old boat is www.RecycleMyBoat.ca

They come give you free estimates and they are helping you sell whatever can be salvaged.

Plus they will provide you with the Recycling Plan and a receipt that will help you de-register the boat

Great service there