Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2014, 22:00   #1

Boat: Garcia 45 - being built for April 2019
Question Problems that can arise from Single/Dual handling a large Cat

Hi,
I'm trying to identify a cat for my wife and I to sail, world wide. To be comfortable, I'd like to get a big boat. I have read that bigger is more stable in heavy seas and also able to carry more convenience stuff, like a (all be it a bit silly example) washer drier, without over loading the cat.... I'm thinking in the 50 ~ 60ft range FPajot. Most people react to this size of boat as "thats a lot of boat to handle" and "hmmm are you sure you can handle that size of boat?" ... this is a common reaction, but I'm not getting a lot of real expert opinion related to specifics. what doe sit mean, when they say Handle.. when i push further, i never seem get a specific answer.... ?
so..
Why can a couple not handle a 60ft boat.. or a 70-ft boat for that matter.. 80ft.. etc etc. ? (Cost aside for this discussion..)

If you have experience with these specific things, could you list them? What goes wrong and why can two people not address them? What is difficult? Why is it dangerous?

I'd really appreciate guidance here for people who know far far more than me... (which constitutes the majority of this forum I suspect)..
peteh007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single