Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 13:27   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot
eco cruising monitor failure

This CF forum is a god send... I have learned a great deal from everybody since I purchased a 2014 Lipari last year. Thank you all who contribute.

My problem now is that my FP Eco Cruising monitor has failed. I have purchased a Victron Battery Monitor but will also need fuel and water tank monitoring systems. The sender units from both the fuel and the water are probably still good and would like to use the existing wires which lead to the back of the eco cruising monitor. If I understand things correctly, I will need a gauge that has a European ohm resistance of 0-180 rather than the American standard which is of course different. Has anybody done this replacement process with just using the gauge rather than replacing the entire sender unit?

On another note, there are other functions of the Eco Cruiser Monitor that I am not sure how to monitor or if they are really necessary. Such as the solar panel and others? Any suggestions here?
Seapatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 21:42   #2

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: eco cruising monitor failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapatience View Post
This CF forum is a god send... I have learned a great deal from everybody since I purchased a 2014 Lipari last year. Thank you all who contribute.

My problem now is that my FP Eco Cruising monitor has failed. I have purchased a Victron Battery Monitor but will also need fuel and water tank monitoring systems. The sender units from both the fuel and the water are probably still good and would like to use the existing wires which lead to the back of the eco cruising monitor. If I understand things correctly, I will need a gauge that has a European ohm resistance of 0-180 rather than the American standard which is of course different. Has anybody done this replacement process with just using the gauge rather than replacing the entire sender unit?

On another note, there are other functions of the Eco Cruiser Monitor that I am not sure how to monitor or if they are really necessary. Such as the solar panel and others? Any suggestions here?
Seapatience,

Subject search is your CF friend. In a post around 04-07-2013 these units are discussed and CF user NASA posts they have replaced theirs with a Blueseas VSM. I googled the product for interest sake and the Blueseas VSM422 appears to have the functionality you have are looking for and will accept the European ohm tank senders too according to the installation PDF.
Link to the unit is here:http://assets.bluesea.com/files/reso.../990470210.pdf.
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:32   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot

OldGreyB... thank you very much for your post. I actually did do the search and saw the Blue Seas solution by NASA but i had already purchased a Victron battery monitor system and therefore just wanted the gauges for water and fuel. I have contacted WEMA USA inc (wemausa.com) and confirmed that they had the gauges that would accept the european Ohm configuration (0-180). I looked at the fuel tank on the boat and it has a very tight overhead space which would necessitate moving the tank in order to put a new sender, which is why I wanted to see if just a gauge would work. I will post an update after I perform the install. Again much appreciated the response and research.
Seapatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 23:02   #4

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapatience View Post
OldGreyB... thank you very much for your post. I actually did do the search and saw the Blue Seas solution by NASA but i had already purchased a Victron battery monitor system and therefore just wanted the gauges for water and fuel. I have contacted WEMA USA inc (wemausa.com) and confirmed that they had the gauges that would accept the european Ohm configuration (0-180). I looked at the fuel tank on the boat and it has a very tight overhead space which would necessitate moving the tank in order to put a new sender, which is why I wanted to see if just a gauge would work. I will post an update after I perform the install. Again much appreciated the response and research.
Seapatience,
Great- WEMA USA are very responsive from my own experience way over this side of the pond. Helped me match a 10 Year old black water sender part number and DHL direct to me. They showed more interest and cost far less than local "authorised representative" here in OZ.

I am not sure what other marine systems you have on your vessel, but an alternative may be an analogue to NEMA2000 module which would allow the values to be displayed on your NEMA2000 connected equipment and even Ipad /Andriod if you have that capability already. No panel real estate to find to drill etc as per analogue gauges. See albacombi.com. I have not used this actual product, but similar on other projects. User installation not too hard and one can add other information / senders as needed.

Happy levels what ever you do.
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 09:03   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Helia 44 - Hull #16

Hi

My ecocruising panel also died due to a lightning strike. Got no response from FP on replacing it, so it replaced it with two Blue Seas M2 panels, one for tank levels and one for current measuring. Install was a snap and they were totally plug and play with the existing sensors.
AllenRbrts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, monitor