New to OpenCPN
- I just downloaded the software
to a computer to test out for use on some upcoming research
cruises (I work as a fisheries scientist for NOAA).
Is there an option, either through the main software
or a plugin to do the following:
* Use nautical mile as the distance unit and fathoms as the depth
unit (we work with fishermen a lot).
* Generate a boundary circle of a user-defined radius around a mark? Consider the mark the GPS
coordinates for a sampling station where we need to conduct all sampling operations within a 100 yd radius of that station.
marks into OpenCPN
from a .xlsx or .csv file. We work with a lot of statistics and other software that output data such as stations and position in spreadsheet form, and being able to directly input stations along with their corresponding lat/lon information directly into our navigation
software from a spreadsheet would be immensely helpful.
* Assuming there's no ability to import
directly from a .xlsx or .csv or some other standard delimited format, is there any software out there that works directly with .GPX files and can convert to those type of standard formats?
* Exporting marks and tracks in some fashion other than "one at a time" or "everything at once". Seems like those are the only 2 options - select one and you can click "Export Wpt...", or you can "Export All Visible". What about highlighting 2 or more (but not necessarily all of them) and just exporting those highlighted ones?
Thanks - standard boilerplate about forgiving dumb questions from a newbie.