Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 07:39   #1

Upload a new scrip to brookhouse imux-st

Hi,

I am trying to upload a new scrip to my brookhouse imux-st but i’ve been struggling for hours.

Step 1, press escape and enter menu, works fine
Step 2, I press F for adding a new script
, looks like this:
[/INDENT]*S,9,CD???,GP*E)
Step 3, upload file: I select the (attached file) in my terminal emulation program (CoolTerm), it echo’s the content of the textfile and then nothing happens…

To try again I turn of the imux. When I upload the same file with only *E in it, it works fine. When I add *E as the first line it uploads but then nothing changes in the nmea data stream.

Possible cause could be that I do not have the option as described in the manual: "Under settings select Ansi terminal, under ASCII setup, tick Send line ends with line feeds.” But I guessed that this is the same as Terminal mode (Line Mode) see below.

I’ve been trying many settings and different terminal programs but so far failed. I’ve also tried to modify the script in different ways but nothing worked so far.

Please advice!

Marten
Martenhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:06   #2

Re: Upload a new scrip to brookhouse imux-st

I don’t know anything about your goal or that product (CoolTerm) but I’ve played with a few terminal emulators in my time. Any chance they are talking about “enter key emulation?” https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...nal-basics/all
tek-noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:00   #3

Guessed that setting Coolterm to raw mode vs line mode is the same for that matter. I suspect my script not to be right as *E seems to work. Received feedback from brookhouse and will test this out when I am back at the boat.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:25   #4

OpenCpn does not accept CD as an identifier (will be fixed soon), all Icom vhf radio's with GPS use CD as a identifier hence a script to convert.

Thanks to Brookhouse it is now working although I have not found what is wrong with my script, the script should be:

*S,9,CDRMC,GPRMC
*E

Tags
loa