Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2012, 06:13   #1

Graduation Project

Dear readers,

I'm starting this thread with a somewhat unusual request. I'm a part-time university following a course called Communication & Multimedia Design. It's about designing and developing user friendly webpages and interfaces, based on proper research. I'm working on my graduation project at this very moment, which centers around interfaces used in yacht engine rooms. To be able to come up with some good designs, I need to have an insight in the actual users of these interfaces and their work.
And this is where you, as visitor of CruisersForum, come in. I would be very honoured if you could help me with this part. It would involve answering some questions about your work, your experience and your wishes. To make things perfectly clear: I will *not* ask you any details regarding your current vessel or previous ones. I'm only interested in general experiences. Any sensitive information regarding you or the vessel you work on will not be asked for, nor will they published (since I know some information already, of course). Your response, identity and situation will remain completely anonymous.
The survey is geared towards yacht engineers, as it is their job I wish to make easier through this project. I've made a form on Google Docs, which can be filled in by just visiting this webpage.

Thanks for your time, Max Steenbergen
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RTZ0E6MQ#gid=0
maxsteenbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 07:26   #2

Arrow Re: Graduation project

Hi Max,

Am I correct in assuming that your intended survey group are the engine-room supervisors or engineers for large luxury motor "yachts" of 30 m or more in length? if so you might want to make this point more obvious.

My "yacht" is 5.65 m long and my "engine-room" is the space inside my outboard engine, I guess... . Most cruisers here have boats around 15 m or less in length, and rarely have engine-room automation, fire systems, etc.

Best wishes for your project. It sounds very interesting.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 07:33   #3

Re: Graduation project

Hi Lake-Effect,

Well, yes, that would be the demographic for the end result. However, your input would be just as welcome as there is some overlap inactivities even if your yacht is only 5.65 m long Any informed feedback is appreciated.
maxsteenbergen is offline   Reply With Quote