Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:06   #1

garmin 620

I consider a garmin 620 for purchase, has anyone experienced it?
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:52   #2

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
Re: garmin 620

I picked one up a couple of months ago as I wanted a 2nd GPS chartplotter. I have the older Garmin 478 which I love but is no longer made.

I've hooked up the 620 as the primary at the helm and the 478 in the masters cabin and used mostly as anchor alarm and general good feeling when in a new anchorage.

Still getting use to the 620. As with all new toys it is different than the 478 some better features and faster turn on, but some I still prefer how it worked on the old 478 but most of that is I am just use to it.

Like the touch screen much more than I though I would. The way the 620 sets up a track for navigation is more visual than for the 478 and probably simpler... once I get use to it.

So far no complaints about the 620, it is just different from what I'm use to using as would be any other unit other than another 478. Guess I'm getting old and more set in my ways

Tags
garmin