Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2012, 15:11   #1
Armchair Bucketeer

Content Ideas for a Broker's Website - Ideas Wanted!

Not for me - but looks like I will be helping out someone locally.......a long established small boat yard, the brokerage side has got sidelined in recent years. the online part never really got beyond a fuzzy photo and half a dozen lines - and even that fell off a cliff a year or so back . Of course being on a small island means that easy enough for folk to actually wander down to the boat yard for a chat (and most buyers won't be flying in - but it happens).....but nonetheless I do think a decent brokerage website would add some value.

Anyway, I got chatting to the Boss a few weeks back (my boat has been on one of the yard moorings for a few years - and it's cheap ) and I mentioned the subject - one thing led to another, and I somehow got volunteered . No cash involved for me and no actual budget to work with either - but it might dovetail into other stuff I am working on, so am happy to do half a favour / treat it as a learning excercise.........and besides, I have always fancied giving the Broker thing a go , after all.......how hard can it be??? .

So, what I am after is ideas from folks as to WTF to include in each listing. I do of course have my own ideas!, but nonetheless asking the punters seems like a good idea .

Have to remember that the website will not be all singing and dancing, this is about including useful content (I know SFA about the computer mumbo jumbo end anyway!). My question really comes down to what you would want to know about a boat from a listing (or would want a broker to say about your boat)....to save you having to get in contact just to ask "the obvious".

Also have to bear in mind that will be no great time resources available to update the listings - although the angle I am coming from is including as much of the useful info as possible from the getgo (to save everyones time later) nonetheless will always be some trade off between "buyer would like" and "broker has time".

I have not included a link to the existing brokerage as a) doesn't seem nice to do - given what it looks like at present (and an internet kicking ain't helpful) and b) I don't want to get given the CF black spot by the Mods (of being listed as a "Commercial Vendor" ).

Pretend you have a blank piece of paper............

David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Broker Website, DOJ, wanted