Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2016, 17:28   #1

Boat: Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35'
Woody Wax- Substitute?

Ladies/Gents/Sailors:

Getting close to splash and wanted to cleanup topsides. I have noticed quite a few products to clean non skid. But after cleaning what do you put on for a non slip protectorant? You know the coating that helps to make life easier next time you hose down. There are numerous products for that as well, but one product (pricey- but a little goes A LONG WAY) is Woody Wax.

Cruising the net I found a possible substitute which is quite a bit cheaper and am curious if anyone has tried Fluid Film? I see that this product is based on something called wool wax (lanolin). Think of the name Woody Wax. Pretty close.

Interesting that both also protect electronics and metal as well.

This is the post that caught my eye:

www.ClassicParker.com • View topic - secret: substitute for woody's wax products

At almost 1/3 third price I am hoping to hear if I am to be the guinea pig in trying this or if I am just paddling against the current.

Bill
BillyBobtx is offline   Reply With Quote