Complete Yacht Service
200 SW 33d St.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
My wife and I recently decided that the Westerbeke engine
in our Beneteau
361 was no longer up to the job. Based on the reputation of Yanmar
engines we selected a Yanmar
dealer in Ft. Lauderdale to supply and install a new engine
. That dealer was Complete Yacht Service
On the plus side of the installation
experience were two points:
• We are very pleased, so far, with the Yanmar engine. It may be exceeding our expectations and our hopes.
• The mechanical side of the installation
seems to have been handled professionally and expediently; the change over was completed in three (3) days.
On the negative side of the installation experience were these points:
• The installation site was the Lauderdale Marine
Center. While there we watched many other vendors doing work on boats. In every instance the people doing the work were assiduous in protecting the finishes and surfaces of their clients’ boats. That was not the case on our boat; we ended the installation with many minor and several major scratches and gouges in our woodwork. Not a good deal. The white gel coat in the cockpit
was almost gray with grease and grime.
• When we finally got underway with sails
up, we attempted to isolate the start battery
and instead all of the house systems went down. In addition the supplemental power, solar
were not charging
the start battery
. There may be other electrical
issues yet to be discovered but the wiring
of the new alternator
appears to be a mess.
• Both my wife and I considered the frequency and level of communication to be disappointing. If we didn’t call, we didn’t know.
In hindsight, we would not choose Complete Yacht Service, Inc. to work on our boat again and, now, regret having done so the first time.