Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 08:25   #31

Boat: islandpacket
Re: Avoid Rig -Rite!

I have bought from them for parts on my isomat mast. They had exactly what I needed, and even called back to tell me that what I ordered would not fit and I was able to get another. Mast boot,mast deck plate and wedge gasket. Worked great and no leaks. They did well for me. But I feel you have to know exactly what you need, they will get the right part, but will ship what you order. So be knowledgeable about what you want.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:24   #32

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
They actually have a few niches where they are the sole US distributor of somewhat rare items, in my case Moonlight hatch parts.
Uh oh. My boat has Moonlight hatches.

If I need parts, I'll see if I can deal with these guys halfway around the world from me:

https://www.houdini-marine.co.uk/moonlight-products

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:33   #33

Boat: Looking for a new boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2steerby View Post
Dear fellow sailors,

In the process of attempting to share my bad experience with Rig-Rite , Inc., not only have I found that the number of disappointed customers are LEGION, but in fact, boaters have been having BAD experiences with Rig-Rite for YEARS!

The gal who runs this outfit seems to wear all hats, but no matter the function, she is habitually rude, has a "I don't give a F*#@k" attitude and then hangs up on you! One has to ask, how in the world does she stay in business???

Please do yourself a favor and seek your parts elsewhere. Otherwise you'll wind up wasting your time and money.
Man I am absolutely with you on this one. I tried to order a mast collar from them. It was horrendously overpriced: $180 and did not even remotely fit but was non refundable. She was so so so rude on the phone. I ordered gaskets for some hatches from them...same exact thing. Awful company.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:06   #34

Been dealing with Rig Rite for years...perhaps a dozen transactions. I’m a satisfied customer.

It’s true that the voice on the phone is more business-like than the table server smoozin’ you for the big tip at the local brasserie, but if you use the site to find the product you want and call to order it having done your homework, my guess is that you’ll be pleased.
fryewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 14:52   #35

Boat: PT-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Uh oh. My boat has Moonlight hatches.

If I need parts, I'll see if I can deal with these guys halfway around the world from me:

https://www.houdini-marine.co.uk/moonlight-products
Out of frustration, I went directly to BSI in Denmark, and had parts shipped directly to me. They were understanding about the distributor issues in the US.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 14:56   #36

Boat: 1995 Gozzard 36

I have to agree. Rig Wrong are little more than greedy thieves. Twice now I have walked away from them. First time was due to their terrible attitude, second time was was the fact that they try to charge 4X regular price for hard to find items.
Captain Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 16:06   #37

Boat: Catalina 320

I submitted an online request for price and availability late Monday, they E-mailed a response promptly Tuesday. I called Thursday to order, person was cordial and efficient, received E-mail with UPS tracking number Friday. Price was $32, only other source I could find was in Europe for 32 Pounds.
Got a local source for a couple dollars less but he has to special order and it's going to take 2-3 weeks.
Calif.Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 18:27   #38

Boat: Shannon Shoalsailer

Count us as another dissatisfied former customer of Rig Rite - so sad the UK companys have such poor representation for their products. When absolutely necessary we purchase through a friend in England and pay the shipping and duties. Guess a business does not have to worry if they are the sole source.
Bay Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2020, 13:04   #39

Boat: 1992 Lagoon 42 TPI

Don't get me wrong, I have ordered from RigRite and they delivered. I will only use them in an emergency as when looking at the prices for parts to Goiot Hatches they are literally 4-5 times to price of ordering directly from Europe.

I see that moonlight hatches are now supplied by AB Marine and there customer service is much better.
joe_goodgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 14:13   #40

Thumbs up Rig Rite has a Shopping Cart!

Rig Rite has come into the 22nd Century! Check it out!!!
rigrite.com
Sailor Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 14:28   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversailor View Post
I recommend that anyone needing blocks, shackles or other metal parts contact Garhauer. If they don't have it they will make it. If it breaks (very rare) they fix it or replace it. No hassle. Just a great company to work with.
Dead smack on! You manage to do better than garhauer you should be extrememly happy, but I find that outcome unlikely.
Allied39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 14:58   #42

Boat: Mahe 36

Sorry, not what I found. The max lifting force on a Corsair F31 alloy mast is around 700#. My original tackle consisted of a pair of Garhauer series 25 (1150 swl) ball bearing blocks. Balls were trashed in 3 launchings. Took them back to Fisheries, seattle. They would send them back to Garhauer and credit/replace if factory did. No joy. Reason: I overstressed them. Definitely not the case. Switched to Lewmar and no problems. I originally used Series 25s for spinnaker blocks which worked fine and I still have 3 on my Mahe cat as spares. Won’t buy any more. Granted this was about 10 years ago and if they have changed great but I’m still out 1 25-14 US and 1 25-13 US
Rufduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 15:59   #43

Boat: islandpacket

I used reignite several times. You really had to be specific about what you wanted. They called me back ,said what I ordered were not compatible for fit. They recommended another part and all worked well. They could have shipped me what I asked for, but they didn't. I was treated great, got what I needed. And they saved me some bother bucks.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:47   #44

Boat: Cape Dory 30c

I am another rig rite victim of Meaghan's rude don't give a _____ attitude. Fortunately everything was pre-transactional and I found this thread. Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Mara Mae is offline   Reply With Quote