Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2016, 22:24   #1

Tide corrections

I am heading to the Bahamas in November and with 6.5' draft I will need to take advantage of the tides in some places to give me a little added safety. This was easy in the Sea of Abaco because I could use the Marsh Harbor tides with almost zero correction. But in other places, example Long Island south of the Exuma, the time correction can be significantly different depending on where you are. (At the north end of the island it can be 45 min different than Nassau but at the south end 1.5 hours.)

I need is help on where to get the most accurate corrections. For example, there is this big difference along Long Island as noted above, but I am going to be crossing from the southwest side of the Great Exuma Island to Long Island through the Comer Channel. What corrections should I use for the time of the tide in this area?

All information on predicting tides at locations for which there is no tide station would be appreciated.
mlibkind is offline   Reply With Quote