Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28   #1

GPX (In) (Out) on Tool Bar

How do I get the GPX features ro show up in the Tool Bar? I have installed both plugins, but no joy in the GPX featire. I have downloaded and have working ouside the charting program, Chart Work, but it does nothing on any chart I am using.

Garry
Yellowrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:53   #2

Boat: ketch, 51'
The gpx in-out function will be found in route manager. Look at the bottom left of route manager window.
Old 09-02-2011, 14:57   #3

GPX In Out

Thanks, but it is not there!! I have the latest version. Should I download an older version to see if it there?

Garry
Old 09-02-2011, 15:23   #4

Garry,

I am currently using Version 2.3.0 Build 2010-12-15 and the gpx in-out function appears in the route manager. On the older versions it did appear in the tool bar and were able to select it on/off.
If not mistaken chart work creates an gpx file with lines from plot result that you load in to opencpn to see on your chart.

regards
Old 10-02-2011, 07:07   #5

GTX In-Out

Did not work. I uninstalled the OpenCPN and Chart Work and reinstalled them from a new download. Saw no errors in downloading.
Guess I need to talk to someone, but who and how. My GPS did work with the program. Also, I downloaded Pilot charts, but do not know how to open them.

Garry
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30   #6

Sorry but that's all I know.. try your question on the opencpn section of this forum.
Remember chart works is a stand alone program, does not work together with opencpn. It only creates a gpx file, akin to a route. Then you import this to opencpn via gpx in-out.
On opencpn in the toolbar select route manager the window that pops up in the bottom left should be import -- export all these are the gpx in/out function.
Hope this helps.....
good luck!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18   #7
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
The Pilot Charts for OpenCPN are really just the same as any other raster (.kap) chart. Load them like any other charts. Just go into the toolbox, go to the chart manager, add the directory where you put the Pilot Charts. After the rebuild, you should see the additional charts in the chart selection bar when not in quilt mode. In quilt mode it gets a little trickier.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote