Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2015, 17:57   #1

Inflatable dinghy repair expert on south coast Puerto Rico?

My wife and I are currently in the middle of a year long cruise away from our home port in Texas. We are now working our way east on the south coast of Puerto Rico.

Unfortunately, we have a major problem with our Mercury 340 Sport inflatable PVC dinghy. We have the 2010 model, and the aft ends of the tubes are a pointy conical shape with a rubber cone at the very end. These rubber cones are coming unglued from the PVC fabric and it's leaking air very badly. I've tried to repair this with various glues and patches, but nothing seems to be working. After all my work it still goes flat after only a few minutes.

Because the leak is in a very awkward location, I don't think I'm going to be able to fix it properly myself. I want to find a expert repair person who can completely re-glue the rubber cones to the PVC fabric. Can anyone recommend someone with experience doing this kind of difficult repair? Someone near Ponce or Salinas would be ideal. We would greatly appreciate any information or advice.
dc46and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 18:06   #2

Boat: Conser 47
Re: Inflatable dinghy repair expert on south coast Puerto Rico?

There is a repair shop in Fajardo on the north eastern coast of PR. It is Coastline coastlinepr@hotmail.com (787) 342-8083
They inspected my West Marine dingy but the result was West Marine gave me a refund so I can't give any opinion of their work.

There is also a shop in San Juan Liferafts Inc 787-723-3237

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
RunawayC47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, inflatable, Puerto Rico