Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2013, 00:31   #1

main sail installation videos

Seems to be the time of the year that people start throwing their sails back on and start sailing again. Anyway, I was helping a friend install a sail on a fairly modern mast/boom arrangement and I have determined that I don't really know what I'm doing. The boom in question is fairly straight forward, but it does have four lines that run from gooseneck clutches to tip of the boom pulleys (more than I'm used to dealing with). One of the lines terminates in stainless rope with an eyelet (I believe that this is used to tension the foot of the sail). There's also a triangular slider that runs inside the slot for the entire distance of the boom (not sure how to properly utilize this).

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for installing a mainsail correctly so that all the features of a mast/boom are utilized?

I'm thinking about something like this, but a bit more basic, with information about a variety of mast/boom/vang combinations.

As always, thanks in advance...
keelsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation, sail