Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 00:29   #1

Boat: Rhumb Runner
TMC standard electric toilet install

Hi to all,
would like to know if it's possible to rotate the bowl 90 degrees relative to the motor housing assembly...it looks as though this is possible....also can the motor be rotated 180 degrees relative to the motor sttach point...if not a major surgery job..
piper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:55   #2

Boat: John Pugh / Currawong 48/OAL
Re: TMC standard electric toilet install

Hi Piper2 welcome always good to see an Aussie join us. Yes you can easily rotate the housing just undo the bowl ( 4 bolts ) rotate and re tighten don't see how you could do the motor change Cheers Jacko
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:03   #3

Boat: Hunter 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper2 View Post
Hi to all,
would like to know if it's possible to rotate the bowl 90 degrees relative to the motor housing assembly...it looks as though this is possible....also can the motor be rotated 180 degrees relative to the motor sttach point...if not a major surgery job..
A Jacko said, easy to rotate the bowl relative to the motor.

Why would you want to rotate the motor 180 degrees. It can be done. There are 2 long securing bolts that hold the motor/pump assembly to the macerater housing and another 2 shorter ones that hold the motor to the water pump">raw water pump. undo all of these, rotate the motor and reassemble. But back to my question.....why!!

You can rotate the macerater housing/pump/motor as a unit relative to the base, undo 4 small bolts and rotate, reassemble. Again why??
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11   #4

There are some editing gremlins in there but you get the idea. Looks good before save but posts differently!
Old 07-07-2013, 19:36   #5

Boat: Rhumb Runner

Hi Graig..
Well firstly I'm removing an old manual Par Jabsco, where, when seated (port side) the pump was on the left against the fwd b'head.. secondly. there's not enough depth to accomodate the new unit as delivered but by rotating the base 90 degrees anticlockwise I have lots of space and allows access to the impellor etc.when that becomes necessary (and it will).but this places the inlet facing fwd (when seated) requiring an additional run of hose with an ugly twist to it...while the outlet will go direct to the bowl top..a short distance..I'm also installing a holding tank..so you can see I'm having lots of fun here.Now ..the latest..I've d'loaded a schematic of the pump and it appears possible to rotate this inlet/outlet by itself.......without retating the whole motor/pump unit...
piper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 20:23   #6

piper2

What you appear to be trying to do, if I read your post correctly, is rotate the raw water pump housing to realign the raw water inlet and outlet for better hose run. This can be done in 90 degree steps. The same for the macerator housing.
The bowl to base is easy in 90 degree steps.
If you need tight 90 degree bends for the hoses look in auto parts store for small radiator hoses with the correct bend/diameter. Cut the excess hose, join, and away you go!

Tags
electric