Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 14:59   #31

Re: TMC Electric Toilet Pump - Anyone Familiar with these ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattock View Post
Hi, Not sure how these TMC 12v loos work, but ours seems to be pulling the flushed waste water back through somehow. So it takes a couple -3 of flushes to get it clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattock View Post
Its going into a lectrasan, then out.

Questions:
Has anyone had this and does this sound like a servicekit would sort it?
Would back pressure (full lectrasan for example) cause this?

Any other thoughts.

Agree that at $42 for a service kit, I would probably just go for a new crapper for $299, but not if I end up with the same issue.
On the pump outlet there is a rubber flap non return valve, just make sure it's seated properly.

[QUOTE
TMC Luxury 12V Toilet

[/QUOTE]

I have this model unit and it pumps into a holding tank (they take a dim view of discharge over the side in a motorhome) I did make an extension pipe to drop the pump below floor level instead of in the back of the bowl, just to make fixing a pump problem easier but then I have the advantage of a floor that underneath means outside.
We have a separate water flush solenoid and cut the impellor blades off the macerator pump, quietens it down heaps and you have control of the amount of water used. A quick squirt when finished macerating puts a water seal in the bottom of the bowl. We use generic nappy soaker (not genuine Nappy San) to break down the solids, a teaspoon with the big ones from one of those sugar dispensers they had at cafe's in the old days, nothing but water and virtually no smell when emptying, if it smells you used too much nappy soaker. a quick spray of the porcelain bowl with “Amour All” (dry silicon spray) makes cleaning a non issue as well.

T1 Terry
T1 Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 14:30   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Mattock, If your toilet is the one I think it is, it is a copy of the Jabsco electric toilet. One of the problems with the Jabsco is that the inlet pump and the macerator discharge pump are just separated by a seal. If the seal fails, the inlet pump can suck black water from the discharge side and pump it back to the bowl. Maybe that's your problem.
That sounds like the issue. Will get a service kit for it.

Yes, pretty sure its the jabsco copy - is there a service kit installation instructions available anywhere.... can't find one on the web.
mattock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 10:03   #33

Boat: Faircat 39'

On the pump outlet there is a rubber flap non return valve, just make sure it's seated properly[QUOTE]

I also have TMC electric toilets, I am trying to find out which way the rubber flap non return valve should be seated. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Yrumoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:34   #34

Hello,
We have been selling TMC toilets at our store for the last 10 years and our customer loves them.
Now we have the manuals and instructions in PDF format that can be downloaded from our website in case you need them.
We think they are a reliable brand since we had no complaints from any of our customers.

Hope this helps.

Five Oceans
five-oceans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electric pump