Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 18:40   #1

Boat: Riviera 33'
Sea Era conversion from Matromarine

Hoping the collective here can help me with some questions on the Sea Era conversion kit (which I am sold on after reading these forums).

I currently have a Matromarine toilet with the pump assembly rotated 90 degrees to the left (as you look at it). The inlet and outlet hoses are aligned on this model close to the bowl (see pics).

The Sea Era conversion seems to have inlet and flush at the far end from the bowl. I cannot find a schematic or installation manual online, only exploded diagrams and sales literature which doesn't tell me what I need to know.

Which is which on the sea era connectors?
Secondly, is the Matromarine bowl a like-for-like fit on the sea era?

Think I am going to have to extend the hoses, the access below deck is so cramped as to require a child chimney sweep to access.

As an aside, my toilet is direct discharge with a slightly higher above-water thru-hull than the bowl of the toilet. Which means standing water in the outlet pipe. Any ideas on how to disconnect without getting a blackwater bath? I mean, apart from pumping a lot of water thru first to 'clean' it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130520_040.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	63599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator head duck boards.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	63600  

Old 05-07-2013, 11:18   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Sea Era conversion from Matromarine

The SeaEra--complete or "conversion" (everything BUT the bowl, so you might want to read the manual for the complete toilet to get all the installation info...you'll find the link to it here: Raritan Sea Era ) can be installed to discharge out the rear or to either side. Any bowl that has the "standard" 4 bolt mounting pattern will fit it.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 17:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghall View Post
The SeaEra--complete or "conversion" (everything BUT the bowl, so you might want to read the manual for the complete toilet to get all the installation info...you'll find the link to it here: Raritan Sea Era ) can be installed to discharge out the rear or to either side. Any bowl that has the "standard" 4 bolt mounting pattern will fit it.
Argh I should have thought of looking at the complete toilet instructions

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-07-2013, 22:52   #4

Thanks again Peggie for the advice.
I received my SeaEra conversion this morning from a local supplier (a miracle in itself, these things are rarely ex-stock in Singapore) and 75 mins later I had it installed It actually uses fewer elbows and joints than the old lav, as Raritan provides straight and 90 degree barbs.

Certainly quieter than the Matromarine, but by no means "quiet"! Guess you'd need the remote pump for that.

But it flushes and its beautiful