Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 18:15   #16

Boat: Cruisers Yachts 420 Express
Send a message via ICQ to jeremiason Send a message via Yahoo to jeremiason Send a message via Skype™ to jeremiason
Re: Jabsco Quiet Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
We have 2 Jabsco Quiet Flush toilets. Wish I'd known about the conversion noted above, before spending a bunch of bucks rebuilding one of these POSs.

We have fresh water flush toilets. They have a fatal design flaw. There's a solenoid that turns on the fresh water, for the flush. If ANY tiny particle gets into it, it gets suck ON, flooding the toilet. What a stupid design. We finally put a sediment filter into our fresh water system, but had the filter element blow out a few weeks ago. Getting to the solenoid is no easy task. Oh yeah - we replaced it a few months ago, thinking it was failing. At $125, it wasn't the problem.
We also have to Jabsco Quiet lLush Fresh Water Heads. One normal size and one "household" or what I refer to as the big butt seat.

We have experenced the same problem with the Solenoids. I replaced one solenoid, but then realised you can take them apart. If you remove the four screws, you can clean the diaphram. This has worked for me.

The major culprit looks like calcium crystals or something similar and they can be as small as a grain of sand.

Nothing is perfect, but they have done well for the last six years.

jeremiason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flushing, jabsco