Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2015, 08:22   #16

Re: Cockpit Shower

We have this below, spring coiled hose and basic switchable hose nozzle, keep it simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
We have a hose mounted in the cockpit which stows neatly in its own enclosure and is long enough to reach to the transom steps. If I need more length for a task then I can just screw on another section of hose. It has a gardening style pistol grip sprayer with several spray patterns, a couple of which make for a nice shower. Also has a misting pattern which is handy for freshwater rinsing fishing gear without using much water.

I find this to be a much more useful set up than just a dedicated shower.

Handy for cleaning up larger cookware, that wont fit easily in the sink, off the transom too.

Its cold water only, but don't really need hot water outside here in the tropics.

Regardless of which option you choose be sure to install a shut off valve near where it is plumbed into the system so you can shut it off if a leak develops. I also have an inline shut off valve in the hose near the bulkhead mount so I can shut off the pressure in the hose in case it fails unexpectedly while we are off the boat...and would otherwise pump our tank dry.
marlinmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 10:36   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28
Re: Cockpit Shower

Hi Pilot,
The 12147 is the shower head mounted in a cup with a stainless cover. It has a button to turn the water on and off but it doesn't have a temperature control.

You would control the temperature with the 12134 mixing valve which also functions as a shutoff valve. I think the shower head in the 121147 is one of those that dribble in the off position so you need a separate shutoff valve, like the 12134.

If you want both the mixing valve and shower head under one stainless cover, you would order the 12141.

Scandvik Marine Inc. - Products

I'll send you a PM with prices. I can get anything from Scandvik pretty much next day as they are here in Florida. Nice people to deal with.

Tags
cockpit, shower