Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010, 14:13   #1

Boat: 1962 Hunter Sedan 38'
New to Salt Yachts with Various Questions

Hello everyone, Iv just recently acquired a 1962 38' Hunter Sedan "escape", and i'm going to be joining the livaboard lifestyle in the near future beginning in Vancouver and then moving out to Victoria. i'v been reading these forums for a while and now i'v have a variety of questions.

1 So i'm going to be living on it through the winter and i was thinking of the best way to heat it, maybe a wood or fuel stove/heater installed in the saloon (saloon is different from the dinette right?) but i'm wondering about cutting holes in the roof for the chimney? and also i was thinking of getting a propane heater in there, less permanent and just having the door cracked or something. its pretty drafty in there already, but i am planning on taking care of that over the next while. maybe put a fan in to move the warm air around. Wondering also if you can buy low oxygen warning units?

2 If you look at the picture of the inside of the saloon/helm right above my buddy there is a hole in the roof, it goes right through but has been glassed over in the last little while.I'm wondering what that could have been from? last owner said he used to have a mast that he took down but i dont know if that would have been from that or not.

2.1 part two of this question is there is another hole on top of the bow thats been glassed over and i can see it inside the vberth, its closer to the anchor locker on the left side?

3 Since he had removed the mast what do you folks recommend i use to mount my antennas, and gps transmitter/receiver, and stern light?

I'm sure i'v got plenty more questions, but lets start with that ahaha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060679.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	21623   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060685.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	21624