I am in the pre planning stages of purchasing
a larger boat. Currently we have a 23' bowrider which we have taken to the Bahamas
as well as down the west coast
of FL to KW. We have come to realize that these trips would be better if we had a bigger boat.
I stopped in since this forum appears to be focused more on what I am looking to do rather than some of the other boat forums
I am active on.
consists of my wife and our two sons ages 6 and 8. The time frame to purchase
will be within the next year if all things go as planned financially.
It will be used as a weekend boat docked at a marina on the west coast
and will probably see a few week long trips to the Bahamas
or the Keys. I'd like to be able to run it up the Suwanee river as well (very familiar with that river)
Specifically, I am trying to locate what manufactures I can look into that will provide the following:
- price less than $60K used
- year between 1985-2004
- max. draw of 3'
- max. height of 14' (want to get under some fixed bridges on a river)
- able to sleep 2 adults in a master stateroom and 2 kids in bunks in separate area
- molded steps (no ladders) to a fly bridge if it has one
- gen set installed or able to be installed
- cruise speed of 15 kts.
Thanks for the pending dialog