Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2017, 09:56   #61

Boat: Grand Banks 42 MY
Re: French taxes keeping visiting boats away..

July 30 & yesterday afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1346.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	154039   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1350.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	154040  

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	154041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	154042  

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	154043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	154044  

Old 13-08-2017, 10:00   #62

Too bad, since the port of Antibes was full, no room for The Maltese Falcon and Eclipse last week.
Eclipse moored at Cap d'Antibes,The Maltese Falcon had to move to Saint Tropez.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	154045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1340.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	368.8 KB
ID:	154046  

Name:	IMG_1352.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	154047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1353.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	154048  

Old 13-08-2017, 10:49   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherod View Post
( semi ) interesting that someone who hails from a " country " which was founded by immigrants conquering subjugating and the almost total genocide of the indigenous peoples and culture of that land which you now call your " country " should attempt to lecture another national on their immigration policy or their loss of a culture , and attempt to lecture on economics systems when their own economy is based on a war industry which exploits their own poor by their own rich at the total disregard for the people / ( victims ) of the country's which they choose to reign war and terror upon .
Cherod, in my opinion we must let those people laugh underneath they fake heavens. According to a French saying, who will laugh last, will laugh the best

Since you are in Scotland, last year I have sailed from Inverness to Fort Williams through the Caledonian Canal and the Loch Ness. It was a stunning journey in a beautiful place, the Scottishs were warm and welcoming people.
Old 13-08-2017, 14:00   #64

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherod View Post
And happy and safe sailing to your good self as well , as despite your obvious right wing views I am sure that on personal level you do not wish anyone any harm , even the unfortunate inhabitants of the sovereign nations which your country invades seemingly at will , I am sure we are all very grateful for your effort , especially when I am sure that you are very busy marching throo the streets of Charlottesville Virginia today. And happy and safe sailing to your good self
Cherod,
Why is knowledge of World History Right Wing? Because it doesn't conform to your unsupported statements and worldview? This is where the Left excels in rewriting History to their politically correct vision as we saw in Russia, China, Vietnam and North Korea after the Communists took power. As I mentioned earlier, the US cannot even remotely compare to our European counterparts when it comes to rampant and militaristic Colonialism. You don't want to play that game unless you're going to rewrite the last 300 years of World History. Finally, I'm sad to disappoint you but I won't be in Virginia for the riots. However, once again, the Left wants to rewrite the real History of the US and hold 19th Century politicians and generals from the South to a 21st Century politically correct worldview. How sad and twisted our world has become and why even bother to record History as it happened when there are those who wish to distort and twist the reality of the past. As one last remark, you notice I use the term "Left" rather than Liberal? The reason is that true Liberals are willing to listen/consider all viewpoints and base their opinions after fleshing out both sides of the cow. . . something those of your ilk refuse to do. Good luck and safe sailing.
Old 13-08-2017, 14:29   #65

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletso View Post
Rognvald- You obviously don't appear to like the french; So be it, but you appear to have way to much time on your hands. BTW, you can make a similar list for the Brits, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans, et al. You really need to go sailing..
I have nothing against the French and your statement is unsupported by any real facts. The fact that I listed French Colonial possessions rather than European Colonialism was in response to unsupported statements by another poster concerning US Imperialism in our History in relation to this discussion of French taxes. Also, thanks for your concern about my time . . .perhaps you can tell me what is the appropriate amount of time I should devote to CF and I will try to heed your wise and learned advice? Finally, I'm happy to know you think I need to go sailing . . . how do you know I'm not? I must say . . . I'm really impressed with some of the clairvoyant contributors to CF. I still haven't figured that one out but you obviously have succeeded. Good luck and safe sailing.
Old 13-08-2017, 14:48   #66

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Closed for the time being pending mod review as to whether this topic has stayed linked to cruising.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat, enc, taxes