Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2018, 17:06   #16

Re: Troubleshooting engine and house battery scheme (Beneteau)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzcruiser View Post
I'm sorry but in that diagram above there is no switch to turn off batt 3, it is always in parallel to batt 2.

Batt 1 seems to be the starter battery, 2 and 3 are house.
I named the batteries from the left to the right with the numbers 1, 2 and 3. The same for the switches. So, batteries 1 and 2 are permanently in parallel.
I named the batteries from the left to the right with the numbers 1, 2 and 3. The same for the switches. So, batteries 1 and 2 are permanently in parallel.
Fernando Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 17:27   #17
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440

You diagram is wrong. Step 1: look at it for more than 10 seconds and you'll realize "batt2+" sticker is wrongly printed on the general negative. Step 2: ask the manufacturer to provide you with a proper diagram.

But there is also a step 0 where you just do nothing and keep it that way. From your description the problem is the sticker, not the actual electrical system.
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2020, 19:02   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjussix View Post
My problem is as follows. My boat, a Beneteau, has three battery switches: One negative isolator, one positive for the starter battery and one positive for the house battery/batteries. At the moment for any of the electrics to work both positives need to be turned on, meaning the three batteries act as one battery bank with no possibility to isolate the engine battery while we're at anchor for example. If I turn on the house battery switch and let the engine battery switch remain off, nothing happens.

Attached is a picture from the owner's manual which describes how it should be connected according to the manufacturer.

Given that I'm a newbie when it comes to boat electrics, where should I start looking? What are the possible reasons for this? Or have I simply not understood the way it's supposed to work?
Xjussix:
Your post is pretty old but my Beneteau 331 has been rewired to change the original (crazy!) negative ground switch to something more practical.
If you or anyone on this site want a copy just send me email.
Sincerely,
Tom (westernshores)
Send to:
l e w i s a i r AT r a n c h o . n e t
westernshores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, beneteau, engine