Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2019, 09:50   #1

Crew Available Pacific Coast

I’m a registered nurse, full time OR and part time flight nurse. My sailing experience includes ASA 101,103,104,105,106, and 114. I’ve done several charters out of Southern California, BVI, and the Puget sound. I used to own a Columbia 28 in CIH and sailed to the Channel Islands frequently. I’m looking to gain more offshore experience. Currently living in Mammoth Lakes,Ca. I can be available for longer periods of time with enough notice. Please feel free to contact me if you need some crew!! Thanks!!
Robertko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 13:37   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: Crew Available Pacific Coast

If you come thru SanDiego PM and I’ll take you out for a daysail.

Probably not as offshore as you’d like.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 14:08   #3

Thanks!!!! That’d be great!! Let me know if you have any projects going on and I’d like to help.
Old 28-02-2019, 16:57   #4

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Crew Available Pacific Coast

I try and do a little bit on the boat every weekend. Probably a little far to come from Mammoth for a couple hours work though.
I have 3 big projects for the boat but they are going to be spread over the next 3yr.
A. Paint the bottom which will involve getting the boat to my house and back as well as sanding and painting.
B. Wire the mast for tricolor and VHF which involves taking it down and putting it back up.
C. Replacing the mast outright.

I’d love to take folks for random daysails. Long term I want to do the Baja Ha Ha.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:14   #5

If the timing works, I’m willing to give a hand. I think it’s a opportunity to learn. Including day sails! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:17   #6

Hi, I'm sailing my Newport 30 up the California Coast to San Francisco, Currently I'm in Santa Barbara and looking for some help bringing her up. It should take around 3 to 4 days depending on weather and where we decide to go ashore.

Thanks,

Mark
theflyingsofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:43   #7

Hello Mark! I actually just got back from crewing on a delivery from Puerto Vallarta to SF! What is your timing like?
Old 11-04-2019, 10:32   #8

Hello Robertko,

I too am looking to bring our 54' Jeanneau from PVR to SF. I need an experienced captain and crew. Well, because I am inexperienced and my husband has no time. Since you just did this trip, how long did it take and how much did it cost the owner in gas/delivery fees, do you know?
Edwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 14:49   #9

Hey Edwina. It took us 11 days. We stopped for fuel twice at Cabo and Ensenada. I was just volunteer crew but my best guess for fuel is 1500$. She is an 82ft schooner with a large diesel. I’m also not sure about the crew cost since I was a volunteer and the boat has a paid crew year round. The captain used a weather service via satellite phone which seemed very helpful. I wish I could be more helpful! Please let me know how it goes or if you could use some crew!
Old 11-04-2019, 14:56   #10

good information Robertko. Thanks. And yes, looking for crew now, as many volunteer positions as possible for economical reasons. I have a request out to the coast guard sailing school in San Diego so we'll see how that goes. Are you available? But not a qualified captain? Appreciate your help!
Edwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 08:21   #11

Hey Edwina! How is everything going? I could possibly be available depending on the dates. I am not a certified captain. I have a bunch of asa classes and have some sailing experience. Thanks

Tags
crew, crew available