Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2022, 14:17   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Saba 50
Navigare making changes to owner's usage

I am a mostly happy owner of an FP saba 50 currently in Navigare's fleet in BVI. When I bought my boat (100% owned by me) the owner's usage was defined in a document called the "Holiday Program". 3 years later they have made changes to the program, including changing from unlimited owner's time in any season to limited days in high season. Since I have a Purchase agreement contract (signed by both parties), I maintain that changes made to the contract not agreed to by both parties, do not apply. It seems to be a breach of contract on their part. I have a good maritime contract lawyer, but before I send this to him, I thought I would ask here if anybody else has run into similar issues with Navigare or other charter companies.

TIA

BILL
svgoodvibration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 09:29   #2

Re: Navigare making changes to owner's usage

Hi, what's the outcome of this discussion with navigare?
Thonglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2024, 04:00   #3

Re: Navigare making changes to owner's usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgoodvibration View Post
I am a mostly happy owner of an FP saba 50 currently in Navigare's fleet in BVI. When I bought my boat (100% owned by me) the owner's usage was defined in a document called the "Holiday Program". 3 years later they have made changes to the program, including changing from unlimited owner's time in any season to limited days in high season. Since I have a Purchase agreement contract (signed by both parties), I maintain that changes made to the contract not agreed to by both parties, do not apply. It seems to be a breach of contract on their part. I have a good maritime contract lawyer, but before I send this to him, I thought I would ask here if anybody else has run into similar issues with Navigare or other charter companies.

TIA

BILL
Hi svgoodvibration,

I have been looking at Navigare in regards to owners usage.

Did you have a favorable resolution?
will_q is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
USA