Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2010, 07:24   #1

Boat: Leopard 42 - JAMU
Bottom Paint Life On The Hard?

What is the experience for bottom paint life during storage on the hard? I had a bottom job (primer plus two coats of tropical antifouling) done last winter prior to leaving the shipyard in Honduras. We then cruised Honduras, Belize and Mexico for four months, then altered our destination plans due to the oil spill and hauled out in May for hurricane season storage at Puerto Isla Mujeres. The bottom paint looked perfect at haul out. We'll return to our boat (JAMU, a Leopard 42) in January to relaunch and cruise through May. I am wondering if weathering in the Caribbean sun will have diminished the bottom paint appreciably? I'll judge when I get there, of course, but I'd appreciate any related experience.
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom paint, on the hard