Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2020, 13:05   #16

Boat: Looking now!
Re: Lagoon 450 vs FP Helia 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemp View Post
I have only seen sales information about the 45. I have not seen one in person. I believe the dealer in our area has one coming. He usually gets them sold before they can arrive though. Looking at it, seems very similar to the Saona in many respects, just slightly smaller. I can say that I do not care for the galley layout when compared to the Saona. Having to transition across the ladder down into the port hull to move from cooktop to sink can pose a risk in my opinion. That and having the nav station located by the door...... just my preferences....
We did notice that they made a couple of design choices in the salon of the 45 that looked like steps back from the 44. The Saona is a slam dunk as far as those features.
Mook1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:52   #17

Boat: Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingveterinarian View Post
I have a 2013 Helia, owners version for sale
Hi can you PM me all of the info
Cheers
kiwinz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 17:15   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

I think the Saona and Lagoon are similar in size. The Saona 47 is 46 feet as is the Lagoon and the beam is similar. My FP dealer said the Saona is a lot better boat although the Leopard dealer said the Leopard is much better than either so I am confused. As I did, tour each. They are quite different in layout and you will definitely like one more than the other. Things I liked about my Saona include the split helm and the sight line from the helm, the overall look and the interior layout. I think Lagoon builds a beautiful boat also, but I didn't want the upstairs steering position, the high boom and the slightly constricted entrance to the salon due to the upstairs. You can't go wrong with either unless you really want a monohull, a motorboat, or a performance cat.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon