Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2021, 08:07   #1

Boat: Hanse 588
Post Crew wanted: Hanse 588 Germany to Cape Cod (USA) 2021.08

Need captain and deckhand to assist owner on new Hanse 588 delivery this August from Greifswald, Germany to Falmouth, Massachusetts USA with stop in Falmouth, U.K. Prefer those with offshore sailing, night watch, and Kiel Canal experience. Must have USA visa or passport. A great attitude and willingness to share duties is helpful.
VIPJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:10   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Crew wanted: Hanse 588 Germany to Cape Cod (USA) 2021.08

PM sent
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:43   #3

I am interested in the deckhand position. I have limited offshore experience, from Portland, Oregon to Anacortes, Washington, west coast USA. On this trip I stood late evening to dark and early morning watches, dark through sunrise. I have completed ASA 101 and ASA 107celestial navigation. I owned a Catalina 22 which I sailed on a local mountain reservoir. Please send your contact information to DeerWood9323@lyahoo.com and I will send additional information. I am a 65 year old semi-retired Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor.
Sailingsailor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 16:41   #4

I have a typo in the email, it should be DeerWood9323@yahoo.com
Sailingsailor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 17:18   #5

Boat: 35' Jeanneau Espace 1000 DL

Hi , I could be interested in the deckhand position.

I bought my current boat (jeanneau 35DS) in southern France, and serviced the engine and electrics before launch. I took the boat solo through the french and german canal system from port St.Lois du Rhone to Lubeck, then sailed it through the danish straights home to Norway.

I'm trained in ship electrics , and a hobby diesel mechanic.
Have LRC long range comms sertificate.

If this sounds interresting , feel free to PM me with details

.manitu
Old 27-02-2021, 12:36   #6

Boat: Hobie 16

Hello,
Your trip from Germany to Massachusettes on a new yacht sounds great. I am an experienced first mate, and am currently on a delivery to South America with a captain who found me on this site. Perhaps we could get him to sign up as well.
I will try to private message you my sailing resume and other particulars, but in the meantime, please try to contact me at hungerf@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
HobieAndy
Hobieandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 16:02   #7

I would like to be part of the crw to bring your boat to the US. I have over 3000 NM blue water experience being part of the crew on monohulls 42 48 ft. Even though I have not owned my on boat I have 20 years sailing experience. If interested my email is hfkgjk@epix.net
HFWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:26   #8

Boat: Hanse 588

Thank you to the dozens of applicants who have shown interest in this trip either privately or publicly. However with the delivery now scheduled for later in August instead of June, and with the owner traveling significantly in March, we will conduct interviews starting at the end of March and into April. Again thank you for your interest in this trip.
VIPJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:51   #9

Boat: Hobie 16

Thanks for the update.
Please consider me at interview time. I hope I will in fact be free when the interview and trip occurs.
Like I said before, I am an experienced sailing and motoring crew and can willingly handle most cook and steward chores as well.
I am interested on your trip largely because of the locations you'll be sailing and I do like new yachts.
And as I said before, the skipper I helped bring this 41 ft Morgan I'm sitting on at the moment, to Cartejena where we are now is from England and may like to help as well.
Please email me at hungerf@hotmail.com and we can discuss day rates etc.
Thanks
HobieAndy
Hobieandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cape cod, crew, crew wanted, Germany, wanted