Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 12:19   #31
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
This thread needs to calm down a peg or two. Zee, it is NOT NICE to call your countrymen "Gringos"; it's degrading and shameful.

I have visited Mexico several times over the past 6 years, without a single issue. In fairness, some stuff that I have seen is not what I am used to seeing in the US. Government related issues take "forever" to resolve and "settle". "Greasing" your way out of a jam is blatantly expected; doable though. Despite its oil and tourism revenues, Mexico is a very poor country.

Nothing will be served by adding fuel to the fire. Patience is needed until all of the impounded boats are released. Once this is finalized, the end result should tell us whether to continue doing business with Mexico or not. In the meantime, let us sit tight and wait until this mess is resolved. Cool heads always prevail.

Mauritz
Slow down, McGuillicuddy!
when the shoe fits, wear it..i didnt call ALL turistas here gringos..just the a******s who insist on disrespecting this place. mexico has been awesomely easy to cruise. these individuals make things a lot worse, after so long mexico has been working on de corrupting the local officials.
gringos are NOT in my peer group, sorry.
i was raised right and have manners...lol....
go figger.

and, yes i meant it with the same level of respect the mexicans use when using it toward the ugly american turista.

if it is true that cool heads shall prevail, then WHY IS RICHARD SCHINDLER STIRRING **** AND TRYING TO BULLY MEXICO..... that is not how to release his boaty.,. poooor richard. what he needs to do is get his butt down here and do it en estilo mexicano. with respect and ion person without bullying or threats.

the reality is that the bajua haha does not bring down as much incomeas he believes it does, and in fact, brings down more to be abandoned boats annually.
figger this..mexicans have lots of money.
very wealthy ones in mexico city and guadalajara and other locales in mexico. they spend much more on boats and turismo than do the haha entrants, even tho haha goes to help baja.....there is still the rest of mexico to consider. mexicos most wealthy man owns more than one boat. he keeps them in mexican ports. he spends a lot of dough as a tourist in his own country as do many extremely wealthy mexicans.
so why does richard and his arrogance think threatening to ditch haha and let mexico be is gonna hurt them.... baja also has the baja 1000 off road race, which brings in more dough than pinche cruisers ever did, and has other sources of income.

just get to mexico and release your boats the mexican way..in person with right proper papers.
this isnt the big gonna lose your boat drama all are portraying. it slows someones cruising plans mebbe, or interrupts their nap, but no one is losing their boats, and the boats are not even relocated to an impound yard. mexico does not want our boats. they have plenty of abandoned ones no one responds to v notifications regarding.
they also dont want our money on this..they want legal papers and legal statuses on all boats. even those with hired crews..
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:36   #32

Boat: Caliber 40

Zeehag,

You said:
"just get to mexico and release your boats the mexican way..in person with right proper papers. this isnt the big gonna loseyour boat drama all are portraying. it slows someones cruising plans mebbe, or interrupts their nap, but no one is losing their boats, and the boats are not even relocated to an impound yard"

Either you or I (and many others) are completely out of touch with reality.

Latitude 38 reports boats that have perfect documentation and have provided that documentation to the appropriate authorities yet the boats are still embargoed and the owners and crew are denied use of the boats.

I have repeatedly asked you to document any boat that was embargoed and then removed from the list. You have not provided that list.

I asked the Mexican Consulate to explain how a boat might be removed from the embargo list and received a reply that says, in effect, "we can enforce the law anyway we want" but provided no guidance as to how a boat with perfect documentation and permits might be removed from the list.

Please - tell me how a boat on the embargo list gets off it and can resume their nap, or cruise depending how the ambitions of the captain.

This is a very important issue and you seem to be very knowledgeable about Mexican paperwork, port captains, officials and attitudes. You would do the Mexican cruising community a great service if you would stop your rants and provide detailed step by step procedures for the embargoed boats with perfect paperwork so they might resume their cruise.

Details - PLEASE!
TacomaSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:52   #33

tacoma... i already did that.
you will need to go way back to visas and also go to the first postings in impoundment of boats in mexico..john hands..friends name was so grossly misspelled by lat 38..released his boat early on and was splainedloosey to you and us all in lat 38 magazine and lectronic version. i wonder why no one can remember reading that...

mine was not impounded as i was not in the hit zone. i also have current visas and current paperworks on boat and in the marina office..even tho i am not in a slip there until summer if i need it again. i am less than half mile away from my local address, the local marina. yes that is accepted. my newly acquired visa is a residente temporal nonmigrante visa for 2 more years. just newly achieved.
i am on record as being in barra de navidad and legally so.
what is my worry.
go back and re read the info already given in these threads. thereis a lot of info, good and bad incorporated within the many pages since first word was written. dont forget the ones on visas in mexico also.
Old 09-01-2014, 13:00   #34

Boat: 1984 hunter 34

We can really do without the gringo rants. It is offensive in the tone that it was used in. Especially since this country is so good to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:04   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Zee, what you say about Mexicans being kind and gentle is true for the most part. You overlook however the 47,000 plus Mexican citizens that have been brutally murdered in the past few years, the many thousands that toil on slave labor in American owned businesses that exist because they pay corrupt officials to exist. There is a brutality that exists there that we don't often see in other countries. You can continue to tout the beauty of the people and country while completely overlooking the corruption and brutality. But is doesn't lend credence to your words.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:08   #36

Boat: Skookum 53'

I wonder if you know where the word "gringo" comes from?
Old 09-01-2014, 13:08   #37

who is ranting. just saying what i see.
Old 09-01-2014, 13:10   #38

as to origin of term....yes and all the mexican versions thankyou
Old 09-01-2014, 13:13   #39

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
I wonder if you know where the word "gringo" comes from?
Sounds like Z was spot on...

wiki: Gringo

Quote:
Gringo (/ˈɡrɪŋɡoʊ/, Spanish: [ˈɡɾiŋɡo], Portuguese: [ˈɡɾĩɡu]) is a slang Spanish and Portuguese word used in Latin American countries to denote White, non-Hispanic foreigners, most often from an English-speaking country. The term can be applied to someone who is actually a foreigner, or it can denote a strong association or assimilation into foreign (particularly English-speaking) society and culture.
Roger Axtell, a travel etiquette expert, notes that "the word gringo is not necessarily a bad word. It is slang but is derogatory only in its use and context."[1]
I suppose it depends on just how PC one intends to be...
s/v 'Faith' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:14   #40

mexico has la violencia which is product of cartel and narco activity. read mexican news. even the sensationalist papers post numbers grossly lower than usa posts. not involved in illicit or questionable activities, no problem.
Old 09-01-2014, 13:16   #41
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Zee, what you say about Mexicans being kind and gentle is true for the most part. You overlook however the 47,000 plus Mexican citizens that have been brutally murdered in the past few years, the many thousands that toil on slave labor in American owned businesses that exist because they pay corrupt officials to exist. There is a brutality that exists there that we don't often see in other countries. You can continue to tout the beauty of the people and country while completely overlooking the corruption and brutality. But is doesn't lend credence to your words.
Visit Iraq, Pakistan, India, Tibet, Bangladesh, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Timor,,, I won't even start on S America and Africa... in fact +60% of the worlds countries.. then see who's behind the corruption and exploitation...
Wow.. I don't believe it... its big Western Corporations...
By the way.. all of the above are awesomely beautiful countries with lovely people.. once you cut through the morass of officialdom..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:16   #42
mcm

Beginning to sound like the Congress and Senate in the US, avoid the real solution and concentrate on the "politics" and name calling accomplishes nothing.
There are facts on the table, boats impounded, legal documents, still impounded, no answers here except that which has been posted by Latitude.

Has anyone contacted any Marina there and requested factual update ?
mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:18   #43

Boat: 1984 hunter 34

Nothing offends me faster than someone taking wellfare from this country . For example, disability..... Then ...constantly bash the country ....." just sayin what I see"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
spraygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:35   #44

Boat: Caliber 40

Zeehag,

you said:
"you will need to go way back to visas and also go to the first postings in impoundment of boats in mexico..john hands..friends name was so grossly misspelled by lat 38..released his boat early on and was splainedloosey to you and us all in lat 38 magazine and lectronic version. i wonder why no one can remember reading that..."

I am sorry that I am unable to use the search and browse function on this forum as well as I would like. I did search ALL your posts in all the threads that I can find that mention boat impoundment. I can find no description made by you that describes John Hand getting out of impounment.

Again - I am sorry I can't find your previous description of how a boat that was impounded was able to get off the embargo list.

There are quite a few boats here in San Diego that want to head south and we would all appreciate it if you AGAIN post a step-by-step procedure that you personally know will get a boat with perfect and adequate paperwork off the embargo list.

You are the only person on any thread in any forum that seems to know exactly what to do when unfairly embargoed so PLEASE spend a few minutes and tell us what to do if are boat is embargoed AND we have all necessary documents and do present those documents to the proper authorities.

Your knowledge of TIPS and cruising documents and experience, if shared with the Mexican cruising community, would be of great value.
TacomaSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 13:38   #45
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Nothing offends me more than someone who confesses to paying bribes coming on here crying about corruption... that's nearly as ridiculous as a Pedophile blaming the 9yr old for accepting his gifts...
Every bribe paid compounds the problem.. but WTF your making money huh...

Spraygun.. guess your happy about New Yorkers then... they're getting disability but they're not bashing their country... yet

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, mexico