Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2014, 11:34   #31

Re: Advice on Chartering in Tortola

Bvi yacht charters are at Joma which is just east of the moorings, it's a 3 minute walk to Riteway which the locals say is expensive, but we found it similar to uk prices, but has a very comprehensive stock of everything for provisioning.
Good advice on the over provisioning, eating out is not silly money and saves the washing up!
There are so many routes you can take to limit the effects of rough conditions if the swells happen, bvi yacht charter supply a cell phone which you can ring there office for free for daily weather so don't worry about it, it's in there interest to keep you and there craft safe ,they all know what they are on about.... Great guys

See if you can get a copy of the bvi cruising guide it will answer most of your questions re permits, anchoring routes etc etc

Pm. Me : re the nights before and after your charter, we will be on island from oct onwards, fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hoofsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:23   #32
Sailbeat | #1 Yacht Charter Portal

Send a message via Skype™ to SailBeat

1. Which company(ies) are best for chartering a monohull in the 32-28 foot range?

You can compare all the 32-38ft here so you can see the difference in pricing:

SAILBEAT - Yacht Listings

2. What type of certification will I need? I have four levels of ASA certification, including coastal navigation, but I never took the bareboat course, since I've been coastal cruising my own 32-footer for 6 years now.

That will be fine, the BVIs don't need any formal qualifications and I'm sure all the operators will be happy with what you've got.

3. Where are the best places to sail to with a 5-day window of opportunity?

Check out our 7 day itinerary and choose your 5 favourite Yacht Charter British Virgin Islands | Sailing Holidays British Virgin Islands

There are some good ideas for restaurants in there as well if you want to treat your wife to a nice meal.

4. What should I watch out for in terms of governmental problems or encounters with the local citizenry?

You'll have no problem just be polite. Crime is not really a big problem in the BVIs

5. What would you recommend as the most enjoyable opportunities during the charter?

Too difficult. Make sure you keep your wife happy and I'm sure you'll both have a great time

If you have any more questions feel free to drop me a private message.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:46   #33

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailBeat View Post
1. Which company(ies) are best for chartering a monohull in the 32-28 foot range?

You can compare all the 32-38ft here so you can see the difference in pricing:

SAILBEAT - Yacht Listings

Check out our 7 day itinerary and choose your 5 favourite Yacht Charter British Virgin Islands | Sailing Holidays British Virgin Islands
Thank you immensely! The itinerary is particularly helpful!

Tags
charter