Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2021, 14:31   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 423
GREAT SAILBOAT! Beneteau Oceanis 423 in FIJI

Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 423
Price: $135,000
Summary description: This is a GREAT sailboat! It's a production boat, which means that there is a big community around it for a wealth of information, and the manufacturer has plenty of spare parts making any repairs much easier to manage than a one off boat. However, unlike many production boats, it does have a beautiful wood interior, much more solidly built than the more recent "Ikea" interiors. It has a deep keel and a V shaped hull which prevents slamming from other dual helm flatter bottom boats. This boat has crossed the Pacific 3 x already and is one of the better equipped, updated and cared for 423's you'll find in one of the best cruising grounds in the world.

WARNING TO OLD FART COUCH SAILING TROLLS (serious buyers, carry on to the next section please):
We've all read your whining and complaining about production boats not being "great." We get it. You sail with a sextant and you row your dinghy and spend your days varnishing your wooden boat, and when you're done varnishing your boat, you do it again because that's what wooden boats require. This post is not for you. Nobody seriously shopping for this boat cares for your opinion. So please, do not troll my post. If you still feel the need to leave a comment, try getting off the computer and go back to varnishing. We all know you can heave to in your blue water boat and drink your whiskey and play your harmonica through storms and call your buddies on your SSB radio to tell them your stories. Stay away from the plastic fantastic, bendy beneteau or whatever you want to call it. This one has crossed 4 oceans already and the keel hasn't fallen off. It's also sailed 5 times between New Zealand and Fiji, 2 of those single handed. This is a strong, well equipped, fast and very capable sailboat. (If this makes you angry, then consider yourself trolled for a change. Take a deep breath. It's supposed to be ironic. Irony is a form of humor. And it's also supposed to keep you from commenting on my post. GO AWAY)

Pardon that interruption, now back to some highlights bout this GREAT Beneteau Oceanis 423 sailboat:

ALMOST COMPLETE REFIT INSIDE AND OUT BETWEEN 2015 AND 2018!
NEW STANDING RIGGING 2015
NEW RUNNING RIGGING 2015-2017
FISHER PANDA 4500FCB 4.5Kw GENSET. REWIRED / REBUILT 2019 CRUISEAIR AIR CONDITIONING THROUGHOUT THE BOAT
RADAR, AIS TYPE TRANSC. RECEIVE AND FULL RANGE OF CRUISING ELECTRONICS. RAYMARINE E90W AND E120W CHART-PLOTTER WITH HUGE COLOUR TOUCH
SCREENS
NEW VOLVO TRANSMISSION 2015
ALL NEW WIRING 2015
NEW MAINSAIL AND JIB 2015
ALL NEW THROUGH-HULL FITTINGS (HIGHEST QUALITY BRONZE) 2015
NEW ELECTRIC ANCHOR WINCH 2016
NEW RUDDER BEARINGS AND STEERING COMPONENTS 202105 9
680W SOLAR POWER AND CONTROLLERS 202105-2017 NEW COVERS AND SUN SHADE 2016
NEW 2000W CHARGER / INVERTER 2015
NEW AGM BATTERIES 690ah 2020
NEW VOLVO 3 BLADE FOLDING PROP 2018
NEW 90A ALTERNATOR AND SPARE 2016
UPDATED BIMINI, DODGER, LAZY JACKS 2020
NEW DANFOSS FRIDGE / FREEZER 2017
NEW 400W SILENTWIND GENERATOR 2017
NEW CATAMARAN INFLATABLE 10' DINGHY 2020 WITH 15HP OUTBOARD 2020

For the full PDF brochure and more pictures, please send me a DM with your buying time frame, budget and email address.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2C5676BC-077F-4B2D-A526-6AA696574681.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	463.9 KB
ID:	236949  
Old 28-04-2021, 11:06   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: GREAT SAILBOAT! Beneteau Oceanis 423 in FIJI

Lots of tire kickers out there, but no offers yet.
Old 28-04-2021, 11:55   #3

Boat: Peterson 35

Patience, Yolo. Someone will snap it up. If l had your asking price I’d come to Fiji and sail away, and l even enjoy varnishing. (Enjoyed the prelude to your ad very much. So funny, it made my day!).

Best regards,

Partingclouds
partingclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 12:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSF View Post
Lots of tire kickers out there, but no offers yet.
Isn't it challenging to go to Fiji currently? I read Fiji just had a major outbreak and locked down the capital. Also, once someone buys the boat, where can they travel with it??
fabgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 18:18   #5

Boat: Nonsuch 30Ultra Grand Banks 36

WARNING TO OLD FART COUCH SAILING TROLLS (serious buyers, carry on to the next section please):
We've all read your whining and complaining about production boats not being "great." We get it. You sail with a sextant and you row your dinghy and spend your days varnishing your wooden boat, and when you're done varnishing your boat, you do it again because that's what wooden boats require. This post is not for you. Nobody seriously shopping for this boat cares for your opinion. So please, do not troll my post. If you still feel the need to leave a comment, try getting off the computer and go back to varnishing. We all know you can heave to in your blue water boat and drink your whiskey and play your harmonica through storms and call your buddies on your SSB radio to tell them your stories. Stay away from the plastic fantastic, bendy beneteau or whatever you want to call it. This one has crossed 4 oceans already and the keel hasn't fallen off. It's also sailed 5 times between New Zealand and Fiji, 2 of those single handed. This is a strong, well equipped, fast and very capable sailboat. (If this makes you angry, then consider yourself trolled for a change. Take a deep breath. It's supposed to be ironic. Irony is a form of humor. And it's also supposed to keep you from commenting on my post. GO AWAY)

Love it! Well said!
MultiCountryDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 18:55   #6

Boat: 44ft mono hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabgo View Post
Isn't it challenging to go to Fiji currently? I read Fiji just had a major outbreak and locked down the capital. Also, once someone buys the boat, where can they travel with it??
Fiji, at the last count had 17 cases in the community, early days yet, but not what Id call a major outbreak. The main island is pretty much closed down and flights to NZ have been cancelled. Will stay that way for two weeks before review.

The Blue Lanes visa system for boats heading to Fiji form NZ is still open but boats are diverted to Savu Savu. Kiwi's and Ozzies can still sail back to their respective countires (with permission) come cyclone season and NZ/Oz may open up to boats of other nationalities (although Im not holding my breath). Some boats have been talking of going to Hawaii and FP could also be an option, so there are still places to go. An agent also told me that Kirbati is open but I can't find any mention of it on the web.
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2021, 19:25   #7

Hey Yolo, sounds like a great boat. Can you clarify a couple of things?
Dumb question but I assume your price is in USD?
What year is she?
Name?

We are looking currently. Though would need to consider Covid factors.

Thanks
Kazbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 13:12   #8
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
Hey Yolo, sounds like a great boat. Can you clarify a couple of things?
Dumb question but I assume your price is in USD?
What year is she?
Name?

We are looking currently. Though would need to consider Covid factors.

Thanks

Hello,

Price is in USD, she's a 2003 Beneteau Oceanis Clipper named Carthago.

Yes, covid factors are tricky but I'm flexible and can get creative about how we close the sale. Because of the increase of demand in well equipped cruising boats with covid, and the decrease in availability because of the hurricanes the past few years, stops in production, less pacific crossings, etc. prices will probably keep increasing, but I'm looking for a quick sale so that's why it's priced accordingly!
Old 24-05-2021, 15:32   #9

Quote:
Hello,

Price is in USD, she's a 2003 Beneteau Oceanis Clipper named Carthago.

Yes, covid factors are tricky but I'm flexible and can get creative about how we close the sale. Because of the increase of demand in well equipped cruising boats with covid, and the decrease in availability because of the hurricanes the past few years, stops in production, less pacific crossings, etc. prices will probably keep increasing, but I'm looking for a quick sale so that's why it's priced accordingly!
Thanks for that, we thought so. We will have a think about all the dynamics.
Kazbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 20:11   #10

Hi, just checking to see whether this boat has now been sold. I just noticed that it's no longer on boatsonline.co.nz. Cheers.
Drhive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 21:20   #11

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:

Maybe a little more fiber in your diet is in order. BTW that was suppose to be ironic humor.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, boat, Fiji, oceanis, sail, sailboat