Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 14:06   #421
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Our Mahe is finally in her berth in Norway, after a 1350 Nm trip from La Rochelle, up the Irish sea, through the Caledonian Channel, via Shetland across the North sea and home. A fantastic 16 days journey ...
Congratulations, Edmund, both on taking command of your new vessel and on a successful first passage / delivery. May it be but the first of many pleasant voyages.

TaoJones
Old 05-07-2010, 16:55   #422

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 38
Just wondering if some one could show me a photo of the emergency tiller and how it is used ?

Thanks
Crak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 20:13   #423
DtM

Don't have a photo and I am working from memory but it is a piece of stainless about an inch in diameter bent in two places (about 18 inches from each end) at 90 degrees one bend in one direction the other in the other direction. The central portion is about 4 feet long.

There is a notch/slot cut into one of the ends which fits into/over a bar on top of the starboard rudder shaft. You place the slotted end over the bar and stand on the sugar scoop and steer. To do this youhave to have the starboard engine hatch open of course.

Not sure that I woudl be terribly happy in a serious storm but I have not turned my mind (yet) to a better methodology.
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 12:02   #424

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Furuno autopilot

Jan,
The hydraulic pump and hydraulic cylinder are from a French company, I do not remember the name but you can find it in posts from Cotemar or myself.
There is a bypass valve. This uses about 1.5 ampere when the autopilot is active. You can purchase an Ecopilot electronic circuit which reduces the current of the bypass solenoid from 1.5 to 0.25 ampere. I bought it, it works well. See my posts about this.
The autopilot is performing very well. The current consumption is with the Ecopilot about 1.5 ampere. This is the current of the Furuno electronics plus the current of the hydraulic pump. Without the Ecopilot 2.75 ampere.
My boat uses now just under 2 ampere, that is with all Furuno electronics on including the autopilot, during the day (no nav lights) and a Garmin 276C plotter.
Excluding the refrigerator (14 watts average power acc to spec).
At night the power consumption is not much higher since I use led's everywhere. As a consequence we use average power incl fridge of 3.5 ampere. If we use the batteries 50 % (maximum recommended discharge) we can sail for 2 days (48 hours) without recharging. We did so, last week we sailed to Norway non-stop in 78 hours. We charged once for 4 hours, when the wind dropped below 4 knots.
Jef & Marin, Netherlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24   #425

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Mahe boat review article

Thanks, Clipperton for finding this nice Mahe boat review article for us.

http://www.multihullsolutions.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/french-evolution-Mahe-36-Evolution.pdf
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:32   #426

Boat: Mahe 36 Simba
Hey thanks for the review, I can't believe that the hulls or weight would be different, it looks like they upgraded the engines to 30 hp. Out side of cosmetics, full hard bimini, a more comfortable seat chocolate interior???? Is FP trying to skin a CAT???? I believe it is mostly a marketing ploy and as I am an owner I like the price $400,000???? That must be shipped the Sidney!!!
Anyways as Ricardo Montalban said "... I like what you've done to my Cordoba!!!""

Bill Fitzgerald
VisaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04   #427

Community Sponsor

Bill,

I would have to agree with you on the hull and weight being the same. Molds usually last 250 boats before making a major change to a hull. Hull # 126 is coming to Baltimore by ship on Wed. 2-9-2011.

I had thought of catching water from the roof scuppers, so I like the idea that they added hose couplings on the roof scuppers to do that and run hoses into the water tanks. Those water tanks would fill fast in a tropical down pour.

I Like the factory solar panel on the bimini also.

Mark
Old 24-03-2011, 12:47   #428

Boat: Alura 30
Re: Buying a Mahe

You got to be kidding me.Are we talking $400000 US Dollars?
JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17   #429

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahè 36

Hi all...spent the last week immersed in Mahe 36 posts. We're considering a new Mahe for our first cat. The knowledge posted here is invaluable.

Is there anyone near(ish) to St. Augustine, FL willing to allow me and my wife to come look at your boat? We'll buy dinner!
SailorTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 14:00   #430

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"

Hi Tony,
I have a Mahe in Cocoa Village Marina, if you would like a look, drop me a private message.

Scott
Scott730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730
Hi Tony,
I have a Mahe in Cocoa Village Marina, if you would like a look, drop me a private message.

Scott
Just to close out this thread....and perhaps start a new one...a few folks offered to help and we were able to get aboard a very sharp Mahe this weekend and we're hooked. (thanks JC!)

What a great group of sailors.

Thanks for the support

Tony
Old 15-02-2012, 19:49   #432

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot

I've just delivered a 2 yr old Mahe from Exumas to Puerto Rico. Great boat, fast passage through some quite snotty weather. Bright and airy inside and well behaved at sea. Managed to clock two consecutive 175 mile days and the other 2 were over 150.

Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19   #433

Community Sponsor

Here is a good place to start when picking which FP to buy.
Here are the FP Base Prices from the Annapolis 2012 boat show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FP_Annapolis_USA_2012_Base Prices.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	47829  
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47   #434

I just got back from the Annapolis Show and have 'boat show' pricing on the 2013's. PM me if interested.
Old 06-01-2013, 13:55   #435

Hello. My wife and I are seriously considering becoming full-time cruisers once I retire in a couple of years. We will be attending the 2013 Strictly Sail show in Miami in Feb but are disappointed to see that the main boat we are considering, the Mahe 36, won't be on display. Are there any Mahe 36 owners in the Miami area who would be willing to give us a tour of their boat? I would also like to talk to the owner to find out what they like, don't like, suggested upgrades, etc.
Dennis S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36