Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 15:22   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: SS Crocker design #131
Giveaway for Survey Participants

I know you've probably seen the Freebag Classic for yachting but you may not have seen the Freebag Pro for work and hobby DIY use. Gardeners, archaeologists, construction workers, welders, people doing car and boat engine repair, and for all those uncomfortable environments and positions you may find yourself in -- you will be more comfortable and less likely to experience injury if you have use of this wonderful tool. Complete the Schooner Chandlery's survey and have a chance to win a complimentary Freebag Pro or Freebag Classic (your choice!) Watch the video and don't forget to click on the survey link HERE to fill it out!

The Classic in use aboard

The Freebag Pro in use on a construction site
Old 21-01-2017, 09:00   #2

Boat: Beneteau 36CC
Re: Giveaway for Survey Participants

tried hard to complete the survey but question 4 selections delete as a select the next answer
stevo_002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 09:06   #3

Boat: Beneteau 36CC

figured it out with the ranking on question 4 - submitted
very cool product
stevo_002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 08:48   #4
Marine Service Provider

Thanks! for filling out the survey. It is a really cool product!

Yes, one of the questions is a ranking so you have to rank the items using each number only one time. Your help is appreciated. We're doing one drawing for each particular number of entries (think it's 250) so your odds remain the same no matter now many friends also complete the survey. Please share the link! Thanks again
Old 25-01-2017, 09:33   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: We have a problem... A serious addiction issue.

This is my first exposure to the product so i am not sure my feedback will be very helpful. But I really thing a video explaining it, and the design elements would be a good idea. From what I saw I am not sure what use I could put it to.

- If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.
Stumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 15:24   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Boat: Ex: 2006 Catalina 350 Now: 04 Mainship 400
Send a message via Skype™ to YachtBroker

I have two of these. Thought they were really cool but FYI they are VERY narrow to sit on. Unless they have made them bigger.
Just my two cents.
Direct line-713-817-7216--Houston Texas
YachtBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 22:41   #7
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtBroker View Post
I have two of these. Thought they were really cool but FYI they are VERY narrow to sit on. Unless they have made them bigger.
Just my two cents.
The "narrow" thing is interesting. Several American men have noted the Freebag Classic is narrow. I'm told by the maker that the European buyers of the same product have not had issue with that. It makes me think we're more used to a wider or different kind of cushion to sit on the the Europeans are.

The Freebag Pro is actually a slightly different product than you probably own. It is about the same width as the Freebag Classic (for yachting) which has been sold in the USA for a while but it is shorter/smaller overall and serves a different purpose of cushioning a body part while the user is doing something in an uncomfortable position (not sitting typically) like laying down on uneven surfaces, kneeling, or even cushioning the head, neck, or shoulder.

In the video (yes, there's a video in the survey for you to watch!) one scene shows a construction worker placing the product over his shoulder to cushion and support a heavy pipe he is carrying. Another shows a welder using it as a pillow and someone kneeling on rebar to tie it. I have a Freebag Pro and use it for a lot of different things. It is becoming pretty indispensable around our DIY projects for boat, car, and elsewhere. I just used it the other day to support my laser level rather than putting the level on a tripod. Worked great. Some photographers have used it and that's what gave me the idea.
Old 07-02-2017, 23:05   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Chandlery View Post
The "narrow" thing is interesting. Several American men have noted the Freebag Classic is narrow. I'm told by the maker that the European buyers of the same product have not had issue with that. It makes me think we're more used to a wider or different kind of cushion to sit on the the Europeans are.
Or maybe more American men have bigger....
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 20:18   #9

A retired farm worker explained the size thing to me. "In America they inject cattle with hormones to make them put on weight. Over here (England) it isn't allowed." Go figure!
Davey1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 20:35   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Have several places on the boat where this would be nice. Working under the galley sink and my engine room both have a sill in a very awkward spot. Maybe time to replace the greasy old cockpit pillow I have been using for this.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
survey