Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2020, 08:52   #1

Boat: Ingrid 38’
iSailor GPS fail

Hi, am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue . We have used iSailor for half dozen years ? and rely on it while circumnavigating. A couple of months ago while ashore we downloaded the upgrade for Wartsila iSailor program on one of our iPads, and one iPhone. We had two more iPads on board that we did not update to the new operating version. Now the two that are updated refuse to connect a GPS signal, and Wartsila hasn’t provided any remedy. The old version still connects fine . Anyone else ?
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 23:30   #2

Boat: Logan 33
Re: iSailor GPS fail

What version of iSailor? Are you using an external GPS?
And has iSailor even answered at all? Are you using email to them?
daveNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 14:20   #3

Did you ever hear from iSailor? Seems they have all but stopped development/support?
Old 06-09-2022, 04:02   #4

Boat: Outremer 55L

On my iPhone I have iSailor version 1.11.0 (9169). It hasn’t asked me to update in a while, although I have let the chart subscriptions lapse. All sensors are working fine via NMEA connections and GPS also works direct from the phone. Do we have a non-updated version?
fxykty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:27   #5

Hi,
I’ve got the same version, and have also let the subscriptions lapse.
I heard from someone at iSailor on Facebook a while ago but they couldn’t really give any useful answers, they said a new release was coming but now there’s no response on Facebook at all.

I use a Brookhouse NMEA multiplexor to get NMEA 0183 to a Raymarine ST5000 autohelm. All works well except something drops out occasionally, I think from memory it is iSailor losing the wifi connection to the AP created by the multiplexor, so I’m not sure which end is at fault. Sometimes it recovers and sometimes I have to manually reconnect. I don’t have the NMEA connections activated so no incoming NMEA to iSailor.

What do you use for the wifi connection?
Chee
Dave
Old 06-09-2022, 05:46   #6

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveNZ View Post
Hi,

I’ve got the same version, and have also let the subscriptions lapse.

I heard from someone at iSailor on Facebook a while ago but they couldn’t really give any useful answers, they said a new release was coming but now there’s no response on Facebook at all.

I use a Brookhouse NMEA multiplexor to get NMEA 0183 to a Raymarine ST5000 autohelm. All works well except something drops out occasionally, I think from memory it is iSailor losing the wifi connection to the AP created by the multiplexor, so I’m not sure which end is at fault. Sometimes it recovers and sometimes I have to manually reconnect. I don’t have the NMEA connections activated so no incoming NMEA to iSailor.

What do you use for the wifi connection?

Chee

Dave

We have a router with a SIM card for mobile Internet that we use for our boat network. It broadcasts 2.4gHz and 5gHz wifi signals. All our devices connect to our wifi network as clients (I hate having multiple wifi networks so I set all devices as clients - except the Raymarine MFD, which must be an access point; so annoying to switch networks on my phone when I want to use the Ray Control app). We have a Yacht Devices wifi gateway device YDWG-02R that provides NMEA data to devices on our wifi network. iSailor is configured to use the Yacht Device’s UDP connection, as is OpenCPN on one of our laptops.
fxykty is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, sail