Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2020, 15:49   #1

Boat: Sea Pearl 28
non-resident wishes to register/import boat to the Bahamas

I have a 28ft monohull trailer sailer currently docked in Nassau. I'd like to keep it in Georgetown on the hard, on its trailer. Masts are very easy to step down and stow for transport, and the boat tows with a small pickup. I want to ship the trailer from FLL or wherever the direct boat to Georgetown leaves from.

What do I need to get done if I want to permanently keep the boat in the Bahamas? I got some info from the Bahamas cruising permit website but did not see the actual importation steps. Same thing for the trailer, not sure what I can do on the ground ahead of time when I am in Georgetown again. I'd be okay if the boat never came back to the US (or was lost in a hurricane, although that would be sad). Intention is to do 2-3 week trips, 4 times a year. Have been doing this the last few years, but leaving before the one year cruising permit expires. The new cruising permit rules limit you to 3 months before getting an extension or leaving.

I think I have a storage location worked out with ground ties.
Good Joss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, boat, import