Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2020, 14:12   #1

Boat: Hylas 54 #42
Australia, Pacific potential long-term crew wanted

I'm looking for a crew member to share the trip from the Sydney Australia region (Pittwater Bay) initially around Sydney and then north up the east coast to the Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef and Cairns. At that point, it will be a joint decision to choose the next destination which could be New Caledonia and Polynesia, Indonesia, continue to circumnavigate Australia or many others. My long-term plan is to slowly go around the world.

The boat is a 2006 Hylas 54 which has been well outfitted and has had an extensive refit to bring all systems back to full working order. Safety equipment including a new EPIRB, life raft, VHF and HF radios, AIS, etc. are onboard. The boat has a large battery capacity, solar panels, genset and water maker, refrigerator and freezers along with large diesel fuel capacity to be self sufficient for long trips. There is a full inventory of sails and sail handling equipment including electric primary and secondary winches, mainsail boom furling, roller furling genoa and staysail and code zero and a downwind spinnaker with pole.

I'm looking for an enthusiastic, adventure seeking and physically fit man or woman with offshore experience who is ready to share in all aspects of the voyage including watches, navigation, weather analysis, cooking, cleaning and daily maintenance.

As crew your opinions will help shape the voyage plan. You will be expected to share in sailing, watchkeeping, boat maintenance and most other onboard jobs.

It is expected that you will pay for your own onshore expenses and share in any sightseeing costs for onshore excursions you participate in. You will also contribute your share towards on-board food, fuel and mooring/docking costs and will be consulted whether we anchor or incur the expense of a mooring or marina.

Being safe, having a good time and enjoying the adventure are the most important priorities. I expect you will respect the authority of the Captain but will suggest a better solution to a problem if you think you know one. We are all learning and there’s lots to know about sailing.

I am a 60-year-old man and have recently retired from the IT industry. I'm now ready to embark on my life-long dream to see the world by sailboat taking the time to fully enjoy the trip and destinations. As much as possible, passages will be planned to take advantage of good weather windows and no unnecessary chances will be taken. It is important to me to have a happy, fun crew wanting to explore new destinations, cultures and experiences.

My experience includes extensive sailing during my youth with CYA (now Sail Canada) sailing certifications including instructor certificates. I taught sailing for many years and races extensively at a high international level. More recently, I obtained Sail Canada cruising and navigation certifications and IYT International Certificate of Confidence certification. I have been living aboard and sailing in Australia Pittwater / Broken Bay / Tasman Sea region since mid January 2020.

Outside of sailing, I also enjoy SCUBA diving, hiking, and nature and prefer off the beaten path locations.

If you are interested in the crew position, please contact me by personal message on this forum and we can exchange contact details.
jdtcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:43   #2

Re: Australia, Pacific potential long-term crew wanted

PM sent!
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:46   #3

Hi, this is Jean from New Zealand. Unfortunately it appears that I cannot privately pm you as I am a new member. Can you please let me have an email address to contact you. Many thanks.
Mermaid No. 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:13   #4

I am interested !!

ikonn90@gmail.com - Thanks a lot for contact and more details
SailorGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 17:47   #5

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

I’ve sent a PM. I hope you receive it. Regards Philip
mercater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 22:14   #6

Boat: passport 40

Hey I would be interested in your offer.Would you mind to contact me on jmarc.arcangeli@gmail.com for more info
Cheers JMarc
Vaucluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 05:04   #7

Hello there, just about freed up in about 30 days and would love to start the next adventure, experienced with more than 100,000 blue water miles in mystery own boats, many more on clients boats, racing boats and a lifetime of being on the water as a charter Capt.
I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am comfortable in most all conditions, I am 65 an still fit I take pride in living healthy and fit.
I would love to hear back from you, I need at least 30+ days to plan for a long term extended sabbatical, single male 5'9 155 lb , previous sponsors include Nobelte, Stratos global, Weather Routing Inc.( WRI) and others from F-18's to Maxie's I give 100%, good allaround hand. ( sailed Etchels out of pittwater in the 80's) Looking fwd to hearing back, best is email; brentmobile@yahoo.com or phone 907-748-1778 ( Alaska )
Looking at the long haul, officially retired!! And in a few weeks officially divorced!
Love to see some photos of your vessel.
Kind Regards
Brent

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtcanuck View Post
I'm looking for a crew member to share the trip from the Sydney Australia region (Pittwater Bay) initially around Sydney and then north up the east coast to the Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef and Cairns. At that point, it will be a joint decision to choose the next destination which could be New Caledonia and Polynesia, Indonesia, continue to circumnavigate Australia or many others. My long-term plan is to slowly go around the world.

The boat is a 2006 Hylas 54 which has been well outfitted and has had an extensive refit to bring all systems back to full working order. Safety equipment including a new EPIRB, life raft, VHF and HF radios, AIS, etc. are onboard. The boat has a large battery capacity, solar panels, genset and water maker, refrigerator and freezers along with large diesel fuel capacity to be self sufficient for long trips. There is a full inventory of sails and sail handling equipment including electric primary and secondary winches, mainsail boom furling, roller furling genoa and staysail and code zero and a downwind spinnaker with pole.

I'm looking for an enthusiastic, adventure seeking and physically fit man or woman with offshore experience who is ready to share in all aspects of the voyage including watches, navigation, weather analysis, cooking, cleaning and daily maintenance.

As crew your opinions will help shape the voyage plan. You will be expected to share in sailing, watchkeeping, boat maintenance and most other onboard jobs.

It is expected that you will pay for your own onshore expenses and share in any sightseeing costs for onshore excursions you participate in. You will also contribute your share towards on-board food, fuel and mooring/docking costs and will be consulted whether we anchor or incur the expense of a mooring or marina.

Being safe, having a good time and enjoying the adventure are the most important priorities. I expect you will respect the authority of the Captain but will suggest a better solution to a problem if you think you know one. We are all learning and there’s lots to know about sailing.

I am a 60-year-old man and have recently retired from the IT industry. I'm now ready to embark on my life-long dream to see the world by sailboat taking the time to fully enjoy the trip and destinations. As much as possible, passages will be planned to take advantage of good weather windows and no unnecessary chances will be taken. It is important to me to have a happy, fun crew wanting to explore new destinations, cultures and experiences.

My experience includes extensive sailing during my youth with CYA (now Sail Canada) sailing certifications including instructor certificates. I taught sailing for many years and races extensively at a high international level. More recently, I obtained Sail Canada cruising and navigation certifications and IYT International Certificate of Confidence certification. I have been living aboard and sailing in Australia Pittwater / Broken Bay / Tasman Sea region since mid January 2020.

Outside of sailing, I also enjoy SCUBA diving, hiking, and nature and prefer off the beaten path locations.

If you are interested in the crew position, please contact me by personal message on this forum and we can exchange contact details.
Brent Weyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 19:53   #8

Boat: Hylas 54 #42

Due to the severe restrictions on movement imposed because of the Covid pandemic, I am temporarily putting my search for crew on hold. Once the restrictions have been lifted, I will repost my request.

Thank you to those who replied already. I hope you understand that it is not possible to travel, even by boat at this time. I will keep track of your responses.

I continue to live aboard and day sail solo to keep busy. I’m ready to resume the trip as soon as it is feasible.
jdtcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 23:57   #9

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtcanuck View Post
Due to the severe restrictions on movement imposed because of the Covid pandemic, I am temporarily putting my search for crew on hold. Once the restrictions have been lifted, I will repost my request.

Thank you to those who replied already. I hope you understand that it is not possible to travel, even by boat at this time. I will keep track of your responses.

I continue to live aboard and day sail solo to keep busy. I’m ready to resume the trip as soon as it is feasible.
Good on you, mate. It is the right thing to do, and will keep officialdom out of your hair, too.

Ann

Tags
Australia, crew, crew wanted, wanted