Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2014, 18:38   #1

Boat: Aspiring Owner
Searunner 25 (Spring 2015)

I know it's a ways off, but I'm hoping someone will see this post and be thinking about selling a Searunner 25 sometime next spring. I'll have a bit of money then and I'm looking for one for less than $6,000. If you're thinking about trading up or just selling the one you have, please send me a PM!

Thanks!

David
Old 15-08-2014, 19:26   #2

Boat: hunter 27
Re: Searunner 25 (Spring 2015)

I have a set of prints for one. the boat is long gone after a hard grounding and a botched recovery on Lake Ontario. I did save everything that wasn't plywood. I do have a 26ft. Pearson and two hobie 20 hulls that I was thinking of putting together as a tri project.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 16-08-2014, 10:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybobsky View Post
I have a set of prints for one. the boat is long gone after a hard grounding and a botched recovery on Lake Ontario. I did save everything that wasn't plywood. I do have a 26ft. Pearson and two hobie 20 hulls that I was thinking of putting together as a tri project.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Thanks for the offer, but I'd much rather it be the other way around (i.e. you have the hulls and nothing else). The hull building is the part I can't do because I don't have a space to do it right. I can always scrounge up the other parts, but the building part is what I'm trying to avoid. Maybe if I can find a decent hull I'll hit you up for parts, if you still have them, especially things like the mast, boom and standing rigging.

Thanks again for the offer, though!
Old 18-08-2014, 07:55   #4

Hey guys!

I've had a couple of people offer Searunner 31s and I certainly appreciate it! Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the lakes here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a few years and a 31 would be overkill. My SUV can pull a 25 but not the 31, and I'd like to have the ability to pull my own boat out of the water if I need to. When I finally get back to the ocean I'll start trying to find something bigger, probably a 37 or 40 so I can take the family and a few friends on trips.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys!

David
Old 18-08-2014, 15:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviris View Post
Hey guys!

I've had a couple of people offer Searunner 31s and I certainly appreciate it! Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the lakes here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a few years and a 31 would be overkill. My SUV can pull a 25 but not the 31, and I'd like to have the ability to pull my own boat out of the water if I need to. When I finally get back to the ocean I'll start trying to find something bigger, probably a 37 or 40 so I can take the family and a few friends on trips.

Thanks for trying to help me out guys!

David
It occurred to me today that an F-150 (or equivalent) has more than enough towing capacity for a 31, so as long the boat comes with a trailer I can always rent a truck and come pick it up. Of course, the price still has to be under $6000...my max budget hasn't changed! One of the reasons I'm particularly looking for a 25 is because most of the decent ones I've seen are going for around that price and I'll be able to afford it.

That being said: does anyone have a Searunner 31 trailer for sale? Someone contacted me about a boat and I need more information on it, but if I can get my hands on a cheap trailer, I might be able to go that route.

Thanks again everyone!

Tags
Searunner