Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2018, 13:43   #1

Boat: 1976 Alajuela 38 MK I
Hi from Texas

Hi all,
First post but I've lurked here for a few weeks,
My name is Sam.

I've decided to get back into sailing after not sailing for the better part of 20 years or so. As far sailing experience goes, hmm, let's see ... Most of my experience from involves the approximately three I spent essentially crewing deliveries and boat bumming. My longest passage was either Miami to Colon, Panama or Cabo San Lucas to Vancouver, BC. I've sailed to Bermuda. I made several trips down the ICW and delivered/crewed on boats from the East Coast into the Caribean and back.I transitted the Panama Canal twice. During that time I sailed a lot production boats while moving boats for charter companies, a fair number of older mid to heavy displacement cruisers.

I think I know enough to have small glimpse into how much I don't know (which a hell of a lot).

I really want to finally learn celestial navigation. I just think its really cool and I love the idea of being able to navigate as generations before me have.

I plan to be asking a lot questions because for the first in my life I'm in the position of be able to buy a sailboat. But it is one thing to sail other peoples boats and another all to together to actually own one.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting to all you better.
gallatin1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 02:30   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hi from Texas

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Sam.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 22:27   #3

Re: Hi from Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallatin1988 View Post
Hi all,
First post but I've lurked here for a few weeks,
My name is Sam.

I've decided to get back into sailing after not sailing for the better part of 20 years or so. As far sailing experience goes, hmm, let's see ... Most of my experience from involves the approximately three I spent essentially crewing deliveries and boat bumming. My longest passage was either Miami to Colon, Panama or Cabo San Lucas to Vancouver, BC. I've sailed to Bermuda. I made several trips down the ICW and delivered/crewed on boats from the East Coast into the Caribean and back.I transitted the Panama Canal twice. During that time I sailed a lot production boats while moving boats for charter companies, a fair number of older mid to heavy displacement cruisers.

I think I know enough to have small glimpse into how much I don't know (which a hell of a lot).

I really want to finally learn celestial navigation. I just think its really cool and I love the idea of being able to navigate as generations before me have.

I plan to be asking a lot questions because for the first in my life I'm in the position of be able to buy a sailboat. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] But it is one thing to sail other peoples boats and another all to together to actually own one.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting to all you better.
What an enviable life you have led. Congrats on your current stage of boat ownership and plans for the future. Welcome to the forum.
Delta Nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas