Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 05:17   #1

Boat: Lord Nelson 41
Lord Nelson Sailboat Owners

Hi, are there any other LN owners out there in CWF. Love to hear from you. My wife and I sail our LN41 in Maine. We own one of the two tall rig double spreader LN made. Plan to head south this fall (2012) .Think it would be fun to meet with other LN owners anywhere between Maine and Fla. & Bahamas. The boatyard made 51 LN 41s have been trying to locate any on east coast. Found a few in Canada and west coast. Just for fun would like to know where they all are. We love ours, sails to windward well and in lite air, has a PHRF rating of 132. If you are interested you can find PHRF ratings for many other boats and compare them on the net. The LN41 rates good compared with other boat her size and her stile. The saiiling season will soon be here in Maine. Time to start getting Lady Nelson ready for the water, a good wax job, a little varnish work and lets go sailing. Enjoying another summer in Maine.
LN41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 12:10   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Lord Nelson sailboat owners

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you posting here. I don't have an LN but there might be others who will respond.
kind regards,
Old 27-04-2012, 06:21   #3

Thumbs up Re: Lord Nelson sailboat owners

HI,
We own the Lord Nelson 41 named Aurora. We have been cruising full time since 2007 and in the Caribbean since 2010. They are very sea worthy and we are enjoying the sea ans sun.
There was a Lord Nelson group at one time but it is no more so I hope some other owners will check in here.
Marita
aboard Aurora
St David's Grenada
mritatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:40   #4
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop

Welcome to the forum.

A shame there aren't more Lord Nelsons around. Such distinctive boats.
Old 29-01-2013, 08:35   #5

Hi,

We just bought (ok, a few months ago) a 41 Lord Nelson named Tradewind. It's currently on the hard as the previous 2 owners (I think 2? maybe more) neglected it so it needs quite a bit of work. I've been looking for an owner's forum or something like that and haven't found one unfortunately.
syTradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50   #6

Boat: Lord Nelson 41' Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailtexas

Hi s/y Tradewind!
Congratulations on your new boat!
I own LN 41 Hull 16 "Orion". I maintained a private site for owners for a couple of years but other commitments kept me from updating it. I have recently created a Facebook Group and a Google Community for owners and aficionados. You'll need to join Facebook or Google+ to access the respective groups. I created the sites so that owners can participate as desired without me having to do the upkeep needed for a full private website. They're closed groups so please request access when you first visit and I'll get you in pronto. Cheers, Dan B.
Sailtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 17:52   #7

Boat: Lord Nelson 41 S/V Fair Wind
Send a message via AIM to MJWEENZ

Hello LN41 owners. Fairwind is on the hard still undergoing a major refit. New plumbing, electrical and electronics, varnish and a paint job! She will be like new when done we hope. Planning on sailing her from Port Clinton to Charlotte harbor this fall to her new home in Punta Gorda.

We just got done removing her teak decks, will be installing nonskid, and replacing the teak inserts on the cabin top. For painting we have removed all the hardware and teak trim, quite a job! But with a 30 year old boat it was all do for re-bedding.

Have gained a lot of knowledge as to how these boats were put together the past two years and would be happy to share.

Mike
MJWEENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:41   #8

Hi All,

I've created a Lord Nelson group here: Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Lord Nelson

Cheers,

Dan B.
s/v Orion
LN 41' #16
Old 14-03-2013, 12:53   #9

Re: Hull Numbers

How/where do you check the hull number? I found (a very long) number on the stern of the boat (begins with A if I remember correctly). Is that it?

Thanks
syTradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 13:52   #10

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

That's the HIN or Hull Identification Number.

The first few letters (EX: OEY) denote which yard built it.
OEY is Ocean EAGLE YARD.
The next numbers indicate the hull number, month and year.
Hull #6, built in Sept 1985.
Our number was OEY0060985

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 14:16   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN41 View Post
Hi, are there any other LN owners out there in CWF. Love to hear from you. My wife and I sail our LN41 in Maine. We own one of the two tall rig double spreader LN made. Plan to head south this fall (2012) .Think it would be fun to meet with other LN owners anywhere between Maine and Fla. & Bahamas. The boatyard made 51 LN 41s have been trying to locate any on east coast. Found a few in Canada and west coast. Just for fun would like to know where they all are. We love ours, sails to windward well and in lite air, has a PHRF rating of 132. If you are interested you can find PHRF ratings for many other boats and compare them on the net. The LN41 rates good compared with other boat her size and her stile. The saiiling season will soon be here in Maine. Time to start getting Lady Nelson ready for the water, a good wax job, a little varnish work and lets go sailing. Enjoying another summer in Maine.
Hi, I've created a Forum specifically for those of us owning or interested in Lord Nelsons on this same website.You can find it here:

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Lord Nelson

I invite you to join and participate there so all the Lord Nelson content will be in the appropriate forum, not this the "Meet and Greet" forum.
Cheers

Dan
s/v Orion
Old 09-06-2013, 12:57   #12

In the process of taking ownership of a Lord Nelson 41, beautiful blue water boat H.I.N. #HAO410311183, so I interpret to be built Nov 1983, Hull #31. Yes?
I would love to be brought into the fold, so would welcome any chatter from other owners. We have grand plans of taking "Tashtego" up the New England coast this Summer, across the Atlantic in Spring 2014, around the Mediterranean in Summer, wait in the Canaries until it's safe to make our way to the Windward islands of the Caribbean 2015, and the back to Annapolis.
Anyone with some reassuring experiences of how the boat handled rough weather? Or just stories of adventure?
We just sold our house, so the dream is beginning to take shape. A little encouragement would be well-timed.

BergeronWarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:02   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergeronWarren View Post
In the process of taking ownership of a Lord Nelson 41, beautiful blue water boat H.I.N. #HAO410311183, so I interpret to be built Nov 1983, Hull #31. Yes?
I would love to be brought into the fold, so would welcome any chatter from other owners. We have grand plans of taking "Tashtego" up the New England coast this Summer, across the Atlantic in Spring 2014, around the Mediterranean in Summer, wait in the Canaries until it's safe to make our way to the Windward islands of the Caribbean 2015, and the back to Annapolis.
Anyone with some reassuring experiences of how the boat handled rough weather? Or just stories of adventure?
We just sold our house, so the dream is beginning to take shape. A little encouragement would be well-timed.

You have read the HIN correctly.
Don't worry about heavy weather, the boat can take more than you.
Been there in 15 to 20' seas coming from 3 directions, breaking and being pooped.
It's a tough boat.

Ayn Rand
Old 10-06-2013, 19:06   #14

Awesome. That's how she seems. Solid, well-designed boat. Any advice for a new owner?
BergeronWarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:57   #15

Re: Lord Nelson Sailboat Owners

I realize I forgot a couple of numbers on the HIN.
It starts with OEY35.
The rest of the number is correct.
I don't want to start a confusing conversation.

Ayn Rand

Tags
lord nelson, sailboat