Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2020, 15:08   #1

Hi everyone from new member in New Zealand

Kia ora, I'm Tim and I live in the Eastern Bay of Plenty in the North Island of NZ. I've been a member for a while reading a whole bunch of varied threads in a variety of forums.
I even posted once but seemed to have been burned a little for thread drift.
But I'm OK; healing quickly
Not really too much to my sailing CV, quite a bit of dinghy sailing 40+ years ago but with aspirations to go bluewater sailing and explore the South Sea Islands last year I managed to attain a bareboat skipper qualification.
Not too much experience to add to that; a few local days out coastal sailing.
Would love to own my own boat one day. Planning on doing as much crewing as I can fit around work...hopefully long-term renting before I buy, but that seems to be a bit of a unicorn.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Cheers

Woody
woody6t1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:21   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hi everyone from new member in New Zealand

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Tim.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 21:27   #3

Hi Woody, I'm a new member here too, like you I have dinghy sailing experience from way back. I'm fancying getting a yacht too, but I don't have any experience of yachts at all and haven't even been on one,yet...
We are from England but are in NZ living in our motorhome. We are in the Coromandel just now. Tauranga is one of our favourite places.
When you see them cruising around the lovely NZ coastline it's just fab. We were in the Bay of Islands just before lockdown, that must be another great place to sail.
Have fun
Marty Mosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 21:45   #4

Boat: 50’ Bavaria

Hi Tim, welcome from down south
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 22:00   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Compass 790 , 7.9 metres or 26 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Mosic View Post
Hi Woody, I'm a new member here too, like you I have dinghy sailing experience from way back. I'm fancying getting a yacht too, but I don't have any experience of yachts at all and haven't even been on one,yet...
We are from England but are in NZ living in our motorhome. We are in the Coromandel just now. Tauranga is one of our favourite places.
When you see them cruising around the lovely NZ coastline it's just fab. We were in the Bay of Islands just before lockdown, that must be another great place to sail.
Have fun
Yep Bay of islands is a nice spot with plenty of good anchorages. Good for learners. We were there in lockdown.
If you can sail a dinghy you can sail a yacht. If you are in the Coromandel in a Moho, check out Hot Water Beach & Aunty Dawns place. They have good homebrew beer & the hot pools aren't too crowded at this time of year.
Compass790 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
member, new member, New Zealand