Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 20:23   #1

CREW AVAILABLE // AUSTRALIA to NEW ZEALAND

Hello Sailors
I did two sailing experience on the Australian East Coast. I also worked on someone's sailboat, doing repairs.
I am now looking for boats that are either going to New Caledonia, Fidji, Tonga or crossing direclty the Tasman sea from Australia to New Zealand
I don't want this text to be too long, therefore I'll stop here for the presentation. Indeed, I will be keen to share more in private message with anyone that want to know me better or share their experiences.
Cheers
Good winds to everybody

Little text about "Why I want to sail" :
I am Theotime, a 23 years old smiling fellow from planet Earth, precisely from France. I am looking to sail for many reasons. First of all I decided to exclude planes from my life after I caught my last flight from France to Australia because I realized that this way of travelling is completely against my ideals. It releases a lot of pollution in the air and also it makes you behave like a "consumerism tourist". My idea of travelling is to live an experience. You leave your home, your friends, your family to go into the unknown, you don't know when you'll come back and that opens your mind to any meeting, any silly adventure to enable you to embrace the culture of where you are because you don't mind about time and your flight back. You free your mind from things that are not with you to fill yourself with all the things that you will discover on your way. Now that I have almost spent one year in Australia I am ready to start my journey back to France. I know that crossing the seas will be a challenge but it will mainly be a beautiful way to travel. For me sailing with the winds is a way to connect with the old way for adventurers to discover the world, it's a way to realize how small you are in front of the power of the Earth and overall it's an immense privilege to see the beauty of the oceans and of their inhabitants. My next plan is to go to New Zealand to visit my brother and then hoping to sail to Asia. Then the future will say it, but I hope to hitchhike from South East Asia to Europe. My journey will take the time that it needs because the most important thing is the experience in itself, the beauty of meeting people without having any obligations, without having any expectations and any goal. If you would like in any way to help me, by offering your kindness, I am open to any suggestions, reccomendations and any experiences related to my journey that could help me. I am keen to learn and help in any way on boats. I am a good listener and a hard worker, I like getting my hands dirty, I play guitare and like to jam, and last but not least people say that I am a good cook. So what about French crepes on the ocean sunset ?
theosea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, crew, crew available, New Zealand