Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2018, 19:23   #1

Wanted: 32-36' Coastal Cruiser near Texas. Capable of Bahamas trip, bluewater ideal.

I have been looking at a wide variety of boats for over a year, and am narrowing my search down to a 32-36' sailboat w/ diesel engine that I can sail along the Gulf Coast and eastern US. I started looking at coastal cruisers that you find in nearly every marina, but little-by-little I've seen names pop up that have fewer hulls built (200-800), but have solid reputations for both quality and value...such as Hallberg-Rassey and Douglas. My max purchase budget is $25,000 or less, with some extra set aside for refit, misc maintenance, and whatnot. I know my budget limits my options, but I'm optimistic that your input may help me find the perfect fit...and I'm open if a motivated seller is willing to offer one at a bargain. Feel free to send a PM.

I am searching all of the standard places: Boattrader, Yachtworld, Craigslist, but would like to know more you may know of something available that I don't. Thanks everyone!
ObliquePlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 20:19   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Wanted: 32-36' Coastal Cruiser near Texas. Capable of Bahamas trip, bluewater ide

I have posted information and photos on hundreds of boats which I believe fit the needs of many CF members. There are several boat description threads. But, if you are looking for a LOW PRICED cruising boat, I recommend reading this thread as a good introduction to many boat brands and models that are usually on the market (in the USA market) for a relatively Low Asking Price. I also suggest you subscribe to this thread, so you will be automatically notified when new boats are added to the thread.

Boats Less Than $30K - Noteworthy Recent Finds
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ds-147098.html

Any experienced passage making, or offshore ("bluewater") sailor will tell you, few used boats are "ready to cruise" or to make a passage across an ocean. So, make sure you set aside enough money to do necessary repairs or upgrades to the boat. Older, lower priced boats may require many "fixes" even if they are advertised as "good condition."

Best Resources for Self-Survey of Boats: Tips, Tutorials, Troubleshooting Guides
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...es-188503.html

And visit Sailboatlistings.com for FSBO boat ads.

Good luck on your boat search.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 03:47   #3

Re: Wanted: 32-36' Coastal Cruiser near Texas. Capable of Bahamas trip, bluewater ide

Take a look at my Morgan323 in Verplanck, NY (Yachtworld). I sailed her up and down the East Coast and also to Bermuda. PM me if you have specific questions.
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, Bluewater, cruise, cruiser, texas, wanted, water