Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2019, 20:39   #1

Has anyone sailed into Galapagos recently?

Has anyone out there visited the Galapagos by boat in the last year or so? Next January I will be leaving Panama to cross the Pacific and was going to bypass Galapagos because of the onerous (but necessary) formalities, and head straight for the Marquesas instead. But now I'm thinking it is an opportunity not to be missed. I'm struggling to find recent feedback online that is not out of date. Does anyone have an agent they can recommend, as this is compulsory now, in order to obtain the 'Autografo' for permission to stay. Noonsite has a lot of info on costs and the formalities etc., but I am unable to find recent information about what it's like once you get there, and which agents are the best. Any information would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Dolphin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 21:30   #2

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Has anyone sailed into Galapagos recently?

We used "Bolivar Pesantes" <bolivar.pesantes@hotmail.com>, his agency
is Naugala. He is based in Puerto Baquerzon Moreano, San Cristobol. That's a few years ago. We got clearance to anchor in one stop each on 3 islands. Isabella was the best, for us.
The Galapagos are expensive to clear into and require a very clean bottom. We stopped offshore and did a wipe down. They dove and gopro'd the bottom during clearance.
Is it worth it? That's gonna be your call. It is not the best way to see the Galapagos due to the restrictions on cruisers. On the other hand it is on the way and is on a lot of peoples bucket list. I'm glad we stopped and got the t-shirt. If I really wanted to see the Galapagos well I'd fly out and book one of the small and expensive week or 10 day tour boats.

Tags
Galapagos, sail