Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 03:50   #1

Pacific Coast Cruising Ports

I will be sailing down the Pacific Coast from Seattle to Marina Del Rey, CA during October and November. I am planning to sail port to port, in part to do some sightseeing, but also to make life easier on myself and not be dealing with storms and big seas at that time of year. If it is nasty, I will just stay in that particular port until the seas calm to a manageable level.

My itinerary is quite packed with 22 port stops along the way. However, if I have to hold in a port for weather, I will need to skip some ports, since I must be in Marina Del Rey on Sunday, December 1.

So, my question is which ports are better than others to skip. In Oregon, for example, I am planning to go from Astoria (on the Columbia) to Crescent City, CA with stops in Newport and Coos Bay. Which would be the one to skip if necessary? In Northern California, north of San Francisco, I am planning to stop in Crescent City, Eureka, Fort Bragg and Bodega Bay. Thoughts on those, would be welcome.

I am familiar with south of San Francisco, so no question there.

Thanks for your input
richardlittle45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, ports