Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2018, 06:10   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Crew wanted Panama Canal to La Paz Mexico on a 62ft sloop Early February.

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from Shelter Bay Marina in Panama and begins with a Panama Canal transit currently scheduled for Feb 6th, with a final destination of La Paz Mexico. All together this will be nearly 2,500 miles most of which will be offshore however it is very possible we will be making a stop or two for weather and or fuel. The passage including the canal transit should take roughly between 3 to 4 weeks depending on weather and route. I always hope to sail as much as possible however in the past this route has required a fair amount of motor-sailing as well.

(The Boat) Is a beautiful 62 foot Deerfoot that has been professionally maintained and is in excellent condition. She is comfortable, fast and very well equipped for offshore sailing. She sports a new Yanmar plus watermaker, generator, AC, and lots more. She is also for sale and details can be found at the link below.
https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/yacht-listings/62-Deerfoot-2-62--1987-Colon/5423492

(The Captain) I am a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master and have completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop in 2013. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. Recent CV and blogsite available here; http://www.sailingsalsa.com/sailboat-deliveries-2.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am looking for volunteer crew. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, customs, immigration fees and provisioning will be provided. You would be responsible for any of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc). Travel expenses to or from the vessel are negotiable for those with offshore experience. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passge preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch , sometimes alone at night, navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals or couples looking to gain experience, offshore confidence and mile-building on a very comfortable boat with a well qualified captain. WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU WILL BE TAUGHT.

(The Requirements for the crew) Feel free to post a reply on this thread however It is important that you contact me via email, sailboatdelivery@hotmail.com and include your phone number. Tell me why you want to take this trip and about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Let me know if you require travel expenses or not and mention anyother experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people who know they do not get seasick. You should also be available at least throughout the entire month of February. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
-Captain Kirk Little
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bucephaluspic_1_XLARGE.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	162910  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 07:54   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to serbben55
Re: Crew wanted Panama Canal to La Paz Mexico on a 62ft sloop Early February.

Good morning, I am Sergio, and interested to help you in this journey, experienced and professional sailor. I just sent you a message to your email address.
kind regards

Sergio
Old 27-01-2018, 16:53   #3

Boat: S2 9.1

PM sent.
Gary Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 03:49   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

I WANT TO GO.
HAVE PLACE IN LA PAZ
AM HERE NOW
DO NOT UNDERSTAND POST BUT IT IS PERFECT AND
I NEVER GET SEA SICK.
HAVE 2500 + miles off shore !!!
Want to go thru PANAMA CANAL
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 12:33   #5

I am Paolo, an italian guy who likes to travel. I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can cook italian food and teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have never sailed, I don't know the basics but I learn fast.
I'm currently in Nicaragua and I'm trying a sailing chance for Caribbean or anywhere.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 12:25   #6

Hi!

I'm quite interested in your sail plan. I imagine you are underway, but I can catch you on the way? Do you still need crew?

I'm a small boat monohul owner in Canada hoping to buy in a year or so when I have a little more experience. I have a good understanding of sailing basics, have completed ASA 101 and happy to learn everything. I have sailed in NZ, Australia and passed from Panama to Cartagena in very rough waters (not getting sick although the rest of the boat did).

I'm a 42 year old canadian engineer (movie writer also), speak English and 70 % spanish and have travelled half of the world by motorbike, so I have a few stories. I also have 50 scuba dives and my rescue diver certification.

I am semi-retired working 3 months per year and have the next 3-4 months to get on some boats, hopefully yours!

Please let me know if there is an opportunity to sail with you in the next weeks.

Happy to provide references.

Thanks
Brad Cougle
+1 403 554 3668
bacougle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canal, crew, crew wanted, la paz, Mexico, Panama, Panama Canal, sloop, wanted