Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2020, 16:37   #1

Blue Water Monohull Live Aboard Cruiser

Hi Guys

For reasons which will become obvious. This Want to Buy ad only applies to boats in the UK or Ireland, or owned by a person based in the UK or Ireland whose boat is in the UK / Ireland / EU/ Med.

I have a small collection of vehicles, which I would like to swap for a boat of the type mentioned above.

The boat should be at least forty feet in length and able to be crewed by one or two. A project boat is okay, but not one which requires more than cosmetic work.

The cars I would like to swap are all cosmetically good and by that I mean less than concours, but not needing any work in the near future. Mechanically, they will all be in very good to excellent condition and MoT'd.

The exception is my 2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2 ltr, which is in excellent condition.
Also offered are two Maserati Biturbo Zagato Spyders. 1989 and 1990. Both automatics and 2.8 ltrs
One Range Rover Classic 1995 soft dash, 3.9 ltr.
One Alfa Romeo 939 Spider 2007, 2.2 ltr.

Realistically, I'd estimate that the values of all of these vehicles have bottomed out and depending on the economy, ought to appreciate in value.
I'm attaching reasonable current values to each vehicle and will discuss these in detail with any party with whom I enter into serious negotiations.
Suffice to say, the total value of these vehicles would not exceed £100,000.
All the cars are stored close to my own home in Northern Ireland.

I don't have a long history in this forum and so will be happy to consider all reasonable requests to show that I'm the owner of these vehicles, have possession and that they exist in the condition stated. I'm happy for the party with whom I'm negotiating to have the vehicles professionally inspected and valued. I would expect nothing less in return and will be arranging a professional survey before purchase. I will do everything possible, to make the process as pain-free and friendly as possible. Unless there's a very good reason for doing otherwise, the contract law etc of the England / Northern Ireland shall apply. For all practical purposes the contract law of N.I. is the same as in England. (I believe)

There are very good reasons (health related) for me testing the water in this way and I will happily explain those to the party with which I enter into negotiations.

I realise that I haven't been prescriptive in terms of the specifics of the boat I'm seeking. That's because I don't want to rule out a boat based on one criteria, which may be a great 'fit' otherwise. The closer the boat is to 'cruise ready', the better.

Please do not post on the public forum, asking for more details of me or my vehicles. I'm an open book. But only to that party, with which I'm negotiating.

If you feel that you might like to consider this 'deal', please PM me with basic details of your boat, its location, your valuation / asking price and a few external and internal photos. Thanks for reading
UlstermanAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue water, cruise, cruiser, hull, monohull, water