Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2020, 14:58   #1

Boat: looking to buy my own 40 foot
Looking for ketch center cockpit port/starbord helm models and any advice at all.

Hello everyone, hope I am putting this thread in the right place, I am not super experienced with this site.
I was hoping to find some help, I am looking for a certain kind of boat layout, pretty much the same as the Amel ketch rigged boats like the Euros 41 and Maramu models, also Camper and Nicholson makes a ketch with the same looking set up, ( I dont know much about Camper Nicholson, maybe someone can fill me in on their reputation ). and something as simple as the hardtop or hard dodger that seems to be standard on the Amel boats. I am looking for this set up due to my physical abilities and for blue water live aboard comfort. I like the Amel Euros although I wish they had a wider beam. Anyone that knows of or has knowledge of the Amel Euros or any of these boats please weigh in and tell me your thoughts.

here are some other brands and models with a center cockpit ketch will rig design I am looking at that I have basically stumbled across, PLEASE let me know of any other brands or models similar, the only other port helm CC i know of that I have not seen in a while is a Bavaria Oceans 42 cc for example, not sure of the quality of this brand as I believe they are mass produced factory builds that I would be surprised if they had the quality or rep of something like a Amel.

Other boats Ketch rigged center cockpit I could make work are boats between 39 -55 ff long models from abuot 1975-1989 looks like about as new as I could afford,there is the Gulf start MK-2, island Packet 46 for example, Formaosa 41 ( aka know as spin drift I believe ) Morgan out island.

And that's about as far as I have found for the ketch CC boasts.
I am looking for a strong blue water vessel with decent size water and fuel tanks 400 liters or more, hopefully something already set up with good nav equipment and live aboard equipment.

I thanks all of you for your input and suggestions and look forward to finding something that will even be better possibly than what I have found.

Also while I am at it I will probably be traveling to the France, Spain, Italy area to look at boats as there seems to be a large supply, I would love to get any advice on how to live cheap while there if at all possible and getting around in general if anyone has any advice in that area and of course buying a used boat in general if anyone has experience with brokers or inspection services, anything at all I would love to hear for advice.

Thank you.
Lucas1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center cockpit, cockpit, helm, ketch, model, ports